TRowePrice OL-301A Error

Options
dalehawaii
dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
Getting a TRowePrice OL-301A error on multiple accounts during OSU this afternoon. Plan to wait until tomorrow. Are others seeing this?
Quicken user since 1996
Quicken Home & Business Subscription

Best Answers

• donotemailhere989@gmail.com
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just updated at 10:30 PDT and no errors. I presume it was fixed by TRP when they resumed work over the weekend.
    20+ years as a Quicken User. Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks @szchren ... Was able to update successfully, too. FYI, I spoke with TRP this morning, and they weren't aware of the issue (and said it was Quicken). Nonetheless, I told them others were having issues so they asked for the ofxlog.txt file so they could look at it. I sent it to them at 0936 PDT. Not sure if that was a factor. Thanks all!
    Quicken user since 1996
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @szchren I got to it by going to Help in the Menu. Specifically: Help>Log Files>OFX Log. I clicked on OFX Log and then clicked on the "Save As" button to save the file.

Note, there is a [filename]OFXLOG.DAT file in the same Quicken directory with your [filename].QDF file, but it appears to be a binary, not text file.

The OFXLOG.DAT is in fact the OFX log file, but it is "scrambled" because it holds sensitive information.  That is why you have to use Help -> Log Files -> OFX Log to view it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• callahec
    callahec Member
    Options
    Getting a TRowePrice OL-301A error
  • Same here. Multiple account on same sign-in, get OL-301A error.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to refresh financial institution branding and profile by following the instructions provided below.
    1. In Quicken, select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution dropdown arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tried it a couple of times, but still the same result and error. Accounts other than TRP are updating correctly.
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken_Anja ... I'm still having the same error this morning as @szchren . FYI, I was on call with Quicken support early this morning, and the representative said they are aware of the issue with T. Rowe Price and told me to wait. Any estimate as to when this will be resolved?
    Quicken user since 1996
  • donotemailhere989@gmail.com
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just updated at 10:30 PDT and no errors. I presume it was fixed by TRP when they resumed work over the weekend.
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks @szchren ... Was able to update successfully, too. FYI, I spoke with TRP this morning, and they weren't aware of the issue (and said it was Quicken). Nonetheless, I told them others were having issues so they asked for the ofxlog.txt file so they could look at it. I sent it to them at 0936 PDT. Not sure if that was a factor. Thanks all!
    Quicken user since 1996
  • @dalehawaii Just for future reference where is the ofxlog.txt located on a PC Windows 10?
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @szchren I got to it by going to Help in the Menu. Specifically: Help>Log Files>OFX Log. I clicked on OFX Log and then clicked on the "Save As" button to save the file.

Note, there is a [filename]OFXLOG.DAT file in the same Quicken directory with your [filename].QDF file, but it appears to be a binary, not text file.

Here's more info: https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216234#:~:text=The two primary log files are: Connlog -,transactions and account information you download into Quicken.
    Quicken user since 1996
  • wellthereitis
    Options
    if you are running 34.24 or later Quicken is your password greater than 10 characters? Quicken is saying T Rowe won't accept passwords over 10 characters although they do. Still a problem with 35.31
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The OFXLOG.DAT is in fact the OFX log file, but it is "scrambled" because it holds sensitive information.  That is why you have to use Help -> Log Files -> OFX Log to view it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > The OFXLOG.DAT is in fact the OFX log file, but it is "scrambled" because it holds sensitive information.  That is why you have to use Help -> Log Files -> OFX Log to view it.

Thanks...good to know!
    Quicken user since 1996
  • @dalehawaii Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.