US Bank CC-501

Today received CC-501 error updating month end. Last time I updated without a problem was August 29. FAQ said to try here. I see others are having CC-501 problems. Should I wait it out or is there another possible problem? I use web express for updating.

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Michael Enzmann

Our teams are investigating an issue this morning that is causing the One Step Update to either hang and not complete or return a CC-501 error across multiple financial institutions.

Based on the information provided here, I believe you are being affected by this known issue and I would recommend allowing up to 6 hours before attempting to add/update your accounts once again.

Or, to be automatically notified as further updates and/or a resolution become available, please visit and bookmark the alert here.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated my USB accounts this morning without issue.  But, yes, there have been other recent reports of update problems with USB.
    If you have not already done so, you might want to try doing Update Now (Account register > upper right Gear icon > Update now) instead of OSU.  This will often work when OSU returns this error code.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Michael Enzmann

Our teams are investigating an issue this morning that is causing the One Step Update to either hang and not complete or return a CC-501 error across multiple financial institutions.

Based on the information provided here, I believe you are being affected by this known issue and I would recommend allowing up to 6 hours before attempting to add/update your accounts once again.

Or, to be automatically notified as further updates and/or a resolution become available, please visit and bookmark the alert here.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • It took waiting - Tried multiple times over 2 hours this morning, same problem. Tried 7 hours later and it worked okay.