New Budget with Existing Category Balances

Options
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to Quicken and coming from Everydollar. I have set up a new budget in Quicken using the Windows version. In Everydollar, for last month, some of the categories had negative or positive balances (from amounts that were rolled over from previous months). How can I set up a new budget and reflect these rolled over amounts without ever having used Quicken before?
Tagged:

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can turn on Rollovers in the categories that you want to rollover.
    You click on this icon:

And select the double green icon above.

If you need to change a rollover amount for a given category you click on the balance amount and select Edit at the end of the Rollover line.
    On the Annual it looks like this (when I have selected the Balance only view)

On the Graph view it looks like this:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • timandmelinda
    Options
    @Chris_QPW Thanks for the detailed response! I get how I can go forward, but how can I work backwards? Can I start a budget with existing rollover amounts? So can I put a negative amount in the Rollover edit?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW Thanks for the detailed response! I get how I can go forward, but how can I work backwards? Can I start a budget with existing rollover amounts? So can I put a negative amount in the Rollover edit?

You can always go into the January column of your annual budget view and set the starting rollover amount for this year in there. That makes the number roll forward to all months and, if you have actual transactions for this year in your data file, their amounts will add into the calculation and give you updated rollover amounts for each month.
  • timandmelinda
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This solved my issue!
This discussion has been closed.