I recently installed a new Dell CPU with Windows10...Quicken sounds off since installation

How do I get the "sound" back. It is turned on in Quicken R34.24 (Build 27.1.34.24) and working fine with other apps. Cannot get the normal Quicken sounds to work and I miss them :'(

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Hi @mpale831

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Quicken sound nor working.  I  believe that it is highly unlikely that the move to R34.24 actually caused the problem, since nobody else has reported such a problem.

What have you done to check the status of Quicken sounds? 

For example - have you gone to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Setup" and made sure that "Turn on Quicken sounds" was checked in the box on the right?

Have you looked at your windows settings to make sure those are appropriate?  Are you having sound issues with any other applications - have you checked those?  Have you made sure that you have not "muted" all sounds?

Please let us know what you find when you double check the above items.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Checked all of the items and all are working well with other apps. It's just Quicken where I can't get the sounds to work. What next???
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again mpale831

Okay, in that case - go to this LINK and see if this gets your sounds going.  I am keeping my fingers crossed...

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    mpale831 said:
    How do I get the "sound" back. It is turned on in Quicken R34.24 (Build 27.1.34.24) and working fine with other apps. Cannot get the normal Quicken sounds to work and I miss them :'(

Open Quicken. At the top, click Edit then click Preferences. On the left, click Setup. Make sure that Turn on Quicken sounds, is checked. Close all Windows and restart Quicken. That's it,

If No Sound, still. Go to the Sound Icon in the Control Panel. Open Sound. Click on Sounds. See what the Sound Scheme is set to. Does it include Quicken Sounds? It should be set to Windows Default (modified). It can be more than one, so check them all, if No Quicken Sounds.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Tried everything but still no sound from Quicken. I give up. I'll learn to live without the cute sounds. Thanks for your help....
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try reinstalling according to this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

But first try using the Mondo Patch, before reinstalling:  https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Be sure to select the proper Mondo Patch. US is 35.26.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754