Connection errors after update to 6.3.2 for Mac

iamconfuzzled
iamconfuzzled Member ✭✭
My quicken deluxe for mac auto updated to 6.3.2 last night. 12 hours later & I still can't download my accounts. I keep getting the following 2 errors:
Server communication error - remote update in progress or Server communication error - aggregation in progress. The account status pops up saying download error or partial download - MFA required action.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• PETER MALLETT
    PETER MALLETT Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @iamconfuzzled and @PETER MALLETT

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the cloud. We are currently seeing errors repeated cloud sync errors(Server communication error) on our end here recently and we are working on resolving those issues. An additional thing is some of the users have been experiencing cloud errors from using a VPN as well. I'd recommend trying to turn off the VPN and seeing if we still are receiving errors if you are using one. In any case again we are working on a resolution. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • JamieJoe
    JamieJoe Member ✭✭
    I just updated to the 6.3.2 version also and am having the exact same problem. Unable to update accounts online.
  • lawoodrow
    lawoodrow Member
    Same problem for at least five days.
  • myownsense
    myownsense Member ✭✭
    Same problem. All since these latest updates to Version 6.3.x started weeks ago. I've not gotten a clean update in weeks. I've disconnected and reconnected accounts. I've reset my data. I've signed out of my Quicken account and signed back in. Still, some accounts have not updated in several days and I've not been able to get all of them to update cleanly at the same time. Finally, the synch errors are, in some cases, dropping many of the attachments to previously entered transactions. Hundreds, if not thousands. I've had to restore my data file and re-enter transactions I had entered since my last backup. Frustrating.
  • cdt025
    cdt025 Member
    Same problem after updating to 6.3.2 last week. Is there a fix yet?
  • myownsense
    myownsense Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]
  • bluwolves
    bluwolves Member ✭✭
    I am still having this issue, has there been a fix?
  • scott2020
    scott2020 Member ✭✭
    Same thing. Connection errors with Capital one. I've turned off all my security (thanks for that!) and it still doesn't work. I've rebooted, reinstalled, nothing works. It worked fine before 6.3.2
  • I've noticed that it happens to all my accounts where I had used Quicken Connect. If I change the connection type to Direct Connect, the accounts update. HOWEVER... As Quicken notes when using that method, some institutions charge a fee for Direct Connect. My bank does which means that Quicken is now costing my and additional $120/year! ($9.99/month). Please fix this!!!!!!!!!!!
  • myownsense
    myownsense Member ✭✭
    PETER MALLETT - I’ve noticed the same thing. None of my accounts that I have set-up through Quicken Connect have updated since the new version was installed. However, those that I can and have set-up as Direct Connect have updated. Fortunately for me, those accounts are with USAA and they don’t charge a fee for Direct Connect. Unfortunately for me, I have a number of accounts with other institutions that do not offer Direct Connect. So Quicken Connect is the only game in town for those accounts and it appears to be non-functional under this new release for some unknown or undisclosed reason. I’m with you in hoping that Quicken would at least acknowledge the problem and set about fixing it.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    Quicken Connect is working normally for my accounts set up with that connection method. I don't have any insight into why you're experiencing problems, so I'm just offering that as a data point. There arlso aren't hundreds of people screaming about this being a problem, so I don't think it's affecting a wide number of users. In that the latest Quicken Mac update didn't involve changes to connectivity parts of the program, I think it's more likely that something else is at play which occurred around the same time as you installed the update. What error are you getting, either in Quicken or in the log file?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • myownsense
    myownsense Member ✭✭
    jacobs - I am away for the Labor Day weekend and unable to access the exact error messages. They are numerous. “General Errors” “Synch Errors” and “Server Errors” are among those I have received, as I recall. There may not be hundreds of people screaming about the problem but there are obviously more than a few. Something in this latest update isn’t playing nice in the sandbox anymore and we need some clue about what it might be.
  • jacobs
    @myownsense  I wasn't questioning that you're having a problem; I was just letting you know it wasn't a universal or widespread problem. In order to get it fixed, then, the Quicken folks will need to identify what's going on -- which entails looking at the errors it's throwing and probably the log files which may contain more useful error messages. You may want to contact Quicken Support when their phone team is available after the holiday weekend, because they can screen share your Quicken and pull the log file info if they can't find a resolution to the problem.
  • Mike_jMGS
    Mike_jMGS Member ✭✭✭
    I was having the same issue as well but it corrected itself last Friday. There was also an update within the last two days that may have addressed it as well.
  • myownsense
    myownsense Member ✭✭
    Back from a long holiday weekend, I also installed the latest 6.3.3 update from Quicken. My accounts finally updated - although not without errors. I received General Errors (Synch Errors) and Server Errors, but the accounts did update. Not sure what is going on but there is definitely something in these version releases that is affecting the account update function. A function that has been seamless in the past is now a fingers crossed challenge every time I attempt it. Whether there was a direct change to the connectivity parts of the program or not, something in these new versions is having what has to be an unintended impact on this functionality.
  • JBerlin
    JBerlin Member
    Same thing here after lates update to 6.3.3 Come on quicken, give us these answers. If I recall a few years back you (Quicken) created the same problem. I cannot remember the complicated steps that I had to take and delete some files in my LIBRARY. This worked last time. Please give me those instructions again. We all pay you good money. I am so tired of this!!!!!!!
  • jacobs
    @JBerlin  I hear your frustration, but this website is not Quicken Support -- and that's who I suggest you contact to try to resolve your connectivity problems. Phone support is open 8 am- 8pm weekdays. 
  • gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    jacobs said:
    @JBerlin  I hear your frustration, but this website is not Quicken Support -- and that's who I suggest you contact to try to resolve your connectivity problems. Phone support is open 8 am- 8pm weekdays. 
     I spent over ½ hour this morning trying to get the support guy to get off his Q-Win script and shift to Q-Mac --- differences in where the assorted data and settings are stashed.

We were confusing da heck out of each other.

27" iMac 5K OS Ventura Quicken user since it was just a check register.

• myownsense
    myownsense Member ✭✭
    I admit I have not yet called Quicken Support, mostly because I am out the door for the office every weekday morning my 5:30 a.m. and I’m never home before 7:30 p.m. I don’t have much time after changing clothes, eating dinner, and spending necessary time with the family to sit on what are normally frustrating calls with tech support personnel trying to get them to understand the problem is real. And it would do little good to call them from the office when my problem is with Quicken and the data file on my hone computer. I’d be interested in knowing if anyone who is having this issue has had any success with the Quicken Phone Support personnel? I believe a few people have posted that they have either tried to call or have called but I’ve seen no posts that indicate Quicken Phone Support has solved their problem. If anyone has had success in getting the issue resolved, I would think we might have heard something. Anyone? What was the solution?
This discussion has been closed.