Quicken Deluxe for Mac 6.3.3 running slow

Ever since upgrading to 6.3.3, my QMac is running sluggishly. From starting the app, to bringing up the already running app, to changing screens from one account to another, there are long waits with a spinning beach ball to rub it in.

I tried setting up a new file, and I still got the same slow performance. Closed all other files other than Safari with no improvement.

Are others experiencing anything similar?

Using OS Big Sur 11.5.2 (no newer updates available) on a MacBookPro 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7.
Tagged:

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This is the first report I've seen about any new sluggishness. It always sounds silly to ask, but have you tried restarting your computer? That can sometimes cure the most unexplainable problems.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • ToGo109
    ToGo109 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes. I have restarted my computer a couple of times. I have done a complete Sophos scan. Any other suggestions?
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    May be not true in your case, but I found that Sophos and even some other Mac anti-virus softwares really deteriorated the performance of my newish MacBook Pro, even with a SSD.  I removed them completely and had much better performance with Quicken Mac.  

Good luck though.  I had a heck of a time removing EVERYTHING from Sophos.  There were some lingering remnants that played havoc with my MacBook Pro.  Took me weeks and lots of searching to get all the loose ends deleted.  
  • ToGo109
    ToGo109 Member ✭✭✭
    I’ve been using Sophos for years with little decrement in performance. This issue started after the most recent Quicken update.
  • ToGo109
    ToGo109 Member ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I made absolutely no changes to my system and while it was still slow at first this AM, it is now running normally. I guess you could say, "problem solved" but it's a mystery to me what was going on. Anyone at Quicken monitoring this?
  • I'm also finding it running slow also since latest update.
  • ToGo109
    ToGo109 Member ✭✭✭
    And tonight, mine is running slowly again. What gives Quicken?
This discussion has been closed.