Anyone having a problem with Wells Fargo updates

jimleg
jimleg Member ✭✭
Anyone having a problem with Wells Fargo updates - nothing downloads this happened last month also

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was an Alert posted today.  Perhaps this is related to the issue you are having?:  NEW 9/7/21 Wells Fargo Bank Returns CC-502/102 or OL-393 Error

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jimleg,

Are you getting any error codes when you try to download, and if so, what are they?  Also - how did the problem that you had last month get rectified? 

There have been a number of financial institutions that have had connection problems recently, and I think Wells Fargo was one of them.  You can find more about that by searching for recent posts with "Wells Fargo" as a search term.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jimleg
    jimleg Member ✭✭
    No error codes
    It just started to stop updating and Quicken did come out with the "some institutions are having problem updating wait 24 hours and try again" - it started working again about a month later.
    Now again it just stopped - they say "don't" unhook the updater and rehook just wait it out.
    So maybe I'll just have to wait again.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @jimleg,

Sorry that you continue to have issues trying to connect to the bank.  You may want to review the information in this thread LINK.  Just an aside - if you were connecting to Wells using either the Express Web Connect, or Web Connect methods, you may want to consider switching to another bank that uses the "Direct Connect" method, since that is a much more stable and secure way to download your account activity into Quicken.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• strachan
    strachan Member ✭✭
    This is the Quicken MAC area, is it not? It appears the reports above are from Windows users. But I have been having an issue with Quicken for Mac giving me an error message for Wells Fargo every time I run the update: "Institution Login Sync Error. Warning. We had a problem syncing this institution login: Wells Fargo Bank. Please try again. If the error persists contact Quicken Support. Error code: Unable to send Institution Data" I'll put this here for what it's worth and continue to look for others possibly discussing this problem with Wells Fargo updates on Mac. Thanks.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Hi @strachan .  Yes, this is a post thread regarding Mac.  While @Frankx and I are Windows users the comments we made are applicable to Mac, as well.  My knowledge of Mac is very limited so I simply pointed to an Alert (NEW 9/7/21 Wells Fargo Bank Returns CC-502/102 or OL-393 Error) that had been posted by Community Moderators which, per the last update, is not yet resolved.  If you have not already done so, you might want to bookmark that Alert so that you get notified when it is updated.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.