Citibank Credit Card eBills Improperly Using Minimum Payment

The two Citibank credit cards I have set up as ebills (Costco Visa & Citibank Mastercard) recently have started improperly showing the Minimum Payment Due as N/A and the minimum payment as the full Amount Due. See screenshots. The full amount due on both cards at the time was well above the minimum amount.

Cards from other banks are not affected and are properly showing both the minimum and full amounts due. As such this seems to be a new error in either a Quicken Mac update, or more likely some change in the way Quicken and Citibank are communicating.

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

We appreciate you reporting this issue to the community, although we sincerely apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Thanks to your engagement, we were able to identify the root of this issue and have since resolved this behavior. Going forward, the statement balance for Citi should be accurate.

Thank you, once again, for playing a vital part in the investigation and in the fix through reporting in the community and submitting the 'Report a Problem" reports.

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @EricO

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I have taken a look at your account and issue specifically. A bug report has been submitted through our service provider. At this moment we do not have an ETA for a resolution, but bill errors are generally processed within 48 hours. I apologize for the nuisance this may have caused. 

Let us know if you have further issues or concerns.

-Quicken Paloma 
  • jeffbw
    jeffbw Member ✭✭
    I just added a Citi Costco card and am experiencing the same issue. It populated the minimum payment as the "Amount Due" in "Bills and Income". My other credit cards populate the full amount due in this field. Obviously, this throws off cash flow forecasting since we pay the full amount due each month. This answer above is from July 13 and gives an indication that the fix could be within 48 hours. Any update?
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    I have just started having the same problem.  Two Citi cards come as eBills for the full amount due, one of them being my Costco card.   However a third Citi card just started coming in showing the minimum balance due.?
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Had this problem for two months running with Citi/Costco. Card shows min due and total due is showing a running total (balance) of the card. Good news is, it only updates about every 4th time...
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Richard@
    Richard@ Member ✭✭✭
    I have had a similar problem with Citibank Visa Card.  I went to pay the full balance via Quick Pay and received a message that Citibank only accepted the Min amount.  Had to do another Quick pay for the difference before the cut-off date to make sure I wasn't being charged interest on the unaccepted balance.  Both payments were accepted for a new balance of zero.  Seems to be a communications/bug issue between Quicken and Citibank????
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    I have to add that I have two files that are duplicates of each other, one being my production Quicken file and the other being my Quicken Beta test file.
    The production file received all the full balances from Citi for each of my three credit cards, whereas the Beta file received the full balances due for two of the Citi credit cards and only one, not the Costco card, received the Minimum Balance due.  I cannot determine whether the fault lies with Citi bank or Quicken.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Since I have logged onto the Pri*m site and added my same Costco/Citi credit card, and created the exact same error condition, I'm thinking the problem lies with the service Quicken is using to retrieve the account information. Just a SWAG. 
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • TWin
    TWin Member ✭✭
    Same here. I don't use Bill Pay, but I do download the eBills from Citibank. Last two months it's downloaded the "minimum payment." I thought it might be a one-time thing. But I guess not. Support Ticket submitted.
  • ramrhein
    ramrhein Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I have the same problem that started 2+ weeks ago. Quicken chat said they know about the issue but I'm wondering how long it will take to get it fixed.
  • This has been a problem since Citibank changed its web interface. For a few months there wasn't anything being downloaded and then it was the minimum amount was set in the amount due field. Another fix was apparently done where I received the balance on a day and not the information from the statement. A new version of quicken was installed and a amount due was downloaded but it again was not the last statement balance but the current account balance on 9/1. The payment due date and minimum due were correct. The other issue which is unrelated to Citibank but the due date gets download and can be seen under "Edit All Instances" in the transaction details under the Details tab but Quicken never uses this information correct the scheduled due date.
  • Terry
    Terry Member ✭✭✭
    Same here. There are several threads discussing the same issue.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

We appreciate you reporting this issue to the community, although we sincerely apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Thanks to your engagement, we were able to identify the root of this issue and have since resolved this behavior. Going forward, the statement balance for Citi should be accurate.

Thank you, once again, for playing a vital part in the investigation and in the fix through reporting in the community and submitting the 'Report a Problem" reports.

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.