Direct Connect Account Name/Password Deleted for ALL 11 Connected Accounts.

Options
Yesterday I was able to download my transactions from my 11 active accounts. But when I tried to repeat the download before shutting down the computer; all accounts showed that they were no longer set up for Direct Connect. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem.

Luckily I have been backing up my user file everyday because for the last few months Quicken has gotten very buggy; requiring the use of the backup more than once a month. I have Copied and Validated my file 2 days before this problem. I am not a novice user; been using Quicken since 1990 and my file is fairly large (@57 acts - 634 Securities and 22K transactions); but nowhere near the maximum allowed.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

As of R34.13, Quicken changed the Copy so what your describing may be the expected behavior when you perform the Copy and Validate. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-windows-release-notes

• allen_car
    allen_car Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using Quicken Premier Version R35.31 Build 27.1.35.31 with Windows 10 Home The file specifics from Crtl-Help>About Quicken: File Size 59210K; Acts: 57; Categories 266; Payees: 16; Securities: 634/634; Transactions: 22421
  • allen_car
    allen_car Member ✭✭
    Options
    I now see your full comment. That explains exactly my problem. Thanks.

I had used the Copy & Validate commands because my file all of a sudden exploded in size: from 90MB to 149MB. Other older threads seem to indicate that was the best way to fix things and not touch your older "working" files was the Copy to a new name and Validate.
This discussion has been closed.