On Mac - Check # Addition

PaPa4
PaPa4 Member ✭✭
Quicken used to allow the user to add other titles on check # column. It now just says Next Check # and Print Check. I don't know about everyone else, but my checkbook also uses Debit Card, ATM, VENMO, just to name a few. How hard would it be to allow the user to add their own? It would be very helpful for me!

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    The Check column is basically intended for check numbers. Everything else you may want to denote along the lines you mentioned was imported into in the Action column when moving from Quicken 2007 to modern Quicken Mac. The Action column is not visible by default, but you can make it visible in any or all of your registers by clicking on the Columns icon in the bottom toolbar and selecting Action is the pop-up list of columns. (But, as noted by Jon in a post below, you can still choose to type whatever you want in the Check # column if you wish.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    I don't have any problem typing "ATM" in the Check # column for ATM transactions in my checking account.
    Is there some particular advantage to using the Action column instead?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Jon You're absolutely right. When I imported data from Quicken 2007, it moved anything in the check number field other than check numbers into the Action field. I used the Action field for a short while, decided I didn't really need it, and I hid it away and no longer use it. But I never tried entering other data in the Check # field -- and you're correct: despite the pop-up list of four choices, it will accept anything you type. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.