Missing accounts on Citi

Using Quicken R35.31 - Online connection to my credit card account (Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi) has been disabled and when I try and activate/setup the account - I have been downloading transactions since 2016, Quicken connects to Citi and shows me a saving account I have there but not my credit card account. Spoke with Quicken and after they were not able to help they suggested I call Citi and ask them to enable the account for "3rd party access" which I did but to no avail, quicken still does not see my credit card account on Citi.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    If you haven't already, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of the register (open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab), clear the name of the financial institution's name (on the General tab), and select OK.  Next, select Tools > Add Account..., enter Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, choose Direct Connect, ...  After you have provided the authentication credentials, Quicken should obtain the credit card account and allow you to link it to the existing register.

Note: You may need enable access for Quicken: sign in to the Citi web site, select Profile > More Settings, and Manage Desktop Apps
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rafi Schwartz, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I need more information. For instance, what connection method were you using? How long has this issue been persisting? Lastly, is this occurring in other backup files? 

Please elaborate, once more information is obtained we can move forward with diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • I am using Web Connect and the problem started about 10 days ago and yes, it is also occurring with an older BU
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Rafi Schwartz, 

Thank you for your response, although I am sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. Web connect is used if you want to download the QFX file from your bank and import it into Quicken. I would recommend switching the connection method you are using. To do this select Advanced options from the bank instance menu, then click Express Web Connect. A visual example is below. 

Just so you are aware we do have an open alert at the moment for error CC-502 with Citi. If you come across this error code, please know that we are currently working on it. For more information or updates click here

Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • @Quicken Paloma - followed your instructions Citibank / Advanced Options / Express Web Connect and unfortunately Quicken still was not able to find my credit card account at Citibank. It shows my Citibank savings account but not the credit card. Please note that when I log into Citibank I can export to Quicken and the transactions go into the correct credit card account.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Rafi Schwarts  

Thank you for the additional information. Just to clarify are both of these accounts under one username/ID? Also, have you attempted using the other instance of Citi Cards? Pardon the constant questioning, I am attempting to see if there is a root to this issue. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • @Quicken Paloma. - i have tried all 3 options: Citibank, Citi Cards and Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi and unfortunately none seems to work. After I do an export from the Citi web site the connections is established as Web Connect however, I still cannot download any transactions
  • Here is a screenshot of the Quicken online dialog
  • @Quicken Paloma - another piece of the puzzle. Somehow the "Automatic Entry: was set "On" and when I revert it back to off and click the "Update Transactions" in the Quicken register I am taken to a citi website rather than the "One Step Update Settings" dialog
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Rafi Schwartz, 

Thank you for providing that helpful screenshot, I failed to realize we were working with a Costco Citi credit card! I was able to do more research and found a post with a user that was also experiencing something similar. Based on the last comment, I would recommend waiting until the current alert for Citi is resolved before attempting to add your credit card.

To view the post referenced above visit the link below. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899544/costco-anywhere-citi-visa-will-not-download

Hope this provides some clarity. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Rafi Schwartz
    Rafi Schwartz Member ✭✭
    Any updates on the Citi alert?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Rafi Schwartz, 

There is still an ongoing alert. We apologize for the inconvenience. Your patience is appreciated while our teams work on resolving this issue as soon as possible. 

Let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Any updates on the Citi alert?
    For what its worth, we continue to have no difficulty using Citi Cards with the Direct Connect connection method for our Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi account.

Note: The ongoing alert appears to be an Express Web Connect specific issue.
  • Rafi Schwartz
    Rafi Schwartz Member ✭✭
    Just tried again using Express Web Connect and the Costco cc is alive and well