Yearly Spending report

JimE
JimE Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have a category called Utilities and several subcategories. The Category Utilities is more than $1000 higher that what the subcategories add up to. Why?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken are you running?

If you are using an unmodified built-in report, which one is it?

If you are using a customized report, try the built-in report and see if it has the same problem.

You might also try doing a File > Validate and repair 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if this is the answer for you or not, but when you have Subcategories you can still make entries in the master Category, and if you do you'll face the situation you're describing.  (Somebody should post an idea, if it hasn't been done already, where each Category has the option of not allowing direct entries to the Category when there are Subcategories.)
  • Jim_Harman
    In the reports I tried, when there are subcategories and transactions have been entered with the main Category, they are shown in the report as "Other XXX". If there is a report where this is not the case, I did not find it. 
  • JimE
    JimE Member ✭✭
    I pay the annual fee for Deluxe so it is the latest version. Validate and repair did nothing. It's the standard report with my categories.
  • Jim_Harman
    What standard report is it? Itemized Categories? Spending by Category? Income and Expense by Category?
  • JimE
    JimE Member ✭✭
    Year-to-Date
  • Jim_Harman
    Sorry, still not enough information to tell which report has this problem for you, there is no "Year to Date" report. Is this something on the Home tab, or one of the reports? 
This discussion has been closed.