scheduled transfer no longer showing up in target account till after scheduled date

Options
I saw some old posts on this topic, but none with any answers. Up until this month, when I entered a future transfer from my checking account to my credit card account, the transaction immediately would show up correctly in both accounts. I'm doing nothing differently than I did before, but now my credit card account does not show the transaction until after it's occurred. It used to work flawlessly, so I don't think the problem is with what I'm doing but rather something in Quicken that must have changed in a recent update. (I haven't changed any settings.) Has anyone experienced this and resolved it? I'm on Quicken Deluxe version R35.31, Windows 10.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is it possible that your credit card register is filtered to not show real transactions dated in the future (e.g., a Date filter of "year to date" is set)?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is it possible that your credit card register is filtered to not show real transactions dated in the future (e.g., a Date filter of "year to date" is set)?
  • DeeGee1
    DeeGee1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ohhhh, I didn't even see that filter until I went looking for it. Did they change the default filter setting in a recent release? If so, that's a pretty obnoxious thing to do without alerting users. Regardless, that solved my problem. Thank you!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not aware of any recent changes in Quicken regarding changes to filter settings. The only change to filter settings has been in Quicken for several years when they added Edit / Preferences / Register / Remember register filters after Quicken closes.
    The one time I ever tripped over Filter settings was when I was looking for something in a register, set some filters and, after I was done, forgot to reset the filter ... :-(
  • DeeGee1
    DeeGee1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Weird. I don't recall ever changing the filter on my CC account, though I probably have at some point for my bank accounts and definitely have for dashboards/reports. I wonder if it's sticky across different functions. I'll know now to double-check that before going nuts trying to find a transaction. :smile: