scheduled transfer no longer showing up in target account till after scheduled date

I saw some old posts on this topic, but none with any answers. Up until this month, when I entered a future transfer from my checking account to my credit card account, the transaction immediately would show up correctly in both accounts. I'm doing nothing differently than I did before, but now my credit card account does not show the transaction until after it's occurred. It used to work flawlessly, so I don't think the problem is with what I'm doing but rather something in Quicken that must have changed in a recent update. (I haven't changed any settings.) Has anyone experienced this and resolved it? I'm on Quicken Deluxe version R35.31, Windows 10.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Is it possible that your credit card register is filtered to not show real transactions dated in the future (e.g., a Date filter of "year to date" is set)?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Is it possible that your credit card register is filtered to not show real transactions dated in the future (e.g., a Date filter of "year to date" is set)?
  • DeeGee1
    DeeGee1 Member ✭✭
    Ohhhh, I didn't even see that filter until I went looking for it. Did they change the default filter setting in a recent release? If so, that's a pretty obnoxious thing to do without alerting users. Regardless, that solved my problem. Thank you!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not aware of any recent changes in Quicken regarding changes to filter settings. The only change to filter settings has been in Quicken for several years when they added Edit / Preferences / Register / Remember register filters after Quicken closes.
    The one time I ever tripped over Filter settings was when I was looking for something in a register, set some filters and, after I was done, forgot to reset the filter ... :-(
  • DeeGee1
    DeeGee1 Member ✭✭
    Weird. I don't recall ever changing the filter on my CC account, though I probably have at some point for my bank accounts and definitely have for dashboards/reports. I wonder if it's sticky across different functions. I'll know now to double-check that before going nuts trying to find a transaction. :smile: