Can Invoice PayPal Link Stop PP Adding Sales Tax?

Options
I am learning that Quicken Invoices emailed with the "PayPal Link" result in the customer being taxed twice on a sale, once in Quicken and once in PayPal. It would seem that there must be a way to configure the PayPal link code to tell PayPal not to add a sales tax on their end.

I have another online channel using PayPal from a website that I DO want PayPal to collect a sales tax on.

Thanks for any help on this.
Mochenpa
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hello @Mochenpa

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Paypal payments. I was taking a look at the issue you were having and there's a couple of ways we could approach the issue. 

The first and quickest way would be to remove the tax from the Quicken invoice. This should then report correctly to your customers but it might not record correctly inside of Quicken. 

The second thing we could attempt is to gather information so that the developers could review the issue. If you'd like to do this we'll want to collect a couple of different pieces of information. First, is what version of Quicken are you using? You can find out by going across the top to help > about Quicken. Has the PayPal link always behaved this way?  Or is it new behavior? If new, how long has it been happening and did anything change just prior to when it started showing up incorrectly?

Next is if we could get a couple of screenshots to better help to illustrate this issue. We'll want screenshots of the invoice in Quicken and also the Paypal Link with the different amounts(You'll want to remove any personal or sensitive information). Any additional screenshots on how to reproduce this that might help would also be appreciated.  I'll leave a link down below on how to do so. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note: you may need to drag the photos into the response box in order to add them to your post.

Please let us know what option you want to try and we'll see about correcting the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Mochenpa
    Mochenpa Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Quicken Francisco, Sorry for the delay responding.

After thinking about this for a few days, it seems to me that the method that would offer the Quicken user the most flexibility and better record keeping options. That would be to provide a method to add a PayPal link that would give the user two options, one, directing PayPal to collect a sales tax per the PayPal user's configuration, or two, NOT to add a sales tax. It is easy enough to include a sales tax on a Quicken Invoice or not for an item. It does not seem clear that PayPal can facilitate this.

The aim I think is to have a consistent method of generating an invoice, at this time my preferred method is to use Quicken not PayPal.

Thanks for investigating this possibility.

@Mochenpa
This discussion has been closed.