CITI Credit Cards no longer found one step Download

Options
kilingiros .
kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
Citi Credit cards are no longer downloading. Did a Deactivate and reactivate, no credit cards are now showing up as accounts associated with my citi userid.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of the register (open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab), clear the name of the financial institution (on the General tab), and select OK.  Next, select Tools > Add Account..., enter Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, choose Direct Connect, ...  After you have provided the authentication credentials, Quicken should obtain the credit card account and allow you to link it to the existing register.

Note: You may need to enable access for Quicken: sign in to the Citi web site, select Profile > More Settings and Manage Desktop Apps
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tried what you recommended although I could not select Direct Connect, used Express Web Connect instead. Did not work.
  • TomTerrific
    TomTerrific Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've tried everything that Quicken Support and others have suggested, and I still have the same problem (since Sep 4). I've given up trying anymore since Support is not helpful (opened six different help tickets with no solutions).
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tried what you recommended although I could not select Direct Connect, used Express Web Connect instead. Did not work.

If you're not able to choose the Direct Connect connection method with Citi Cards, the implication is that you FIDIR.TXT file is corrupt.  I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install, and update:  https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

• TomTerrific
    TomTerrific Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've also tried all of these suggestions after losing Citi Cards download capability. Have opened 6 support tickets with no help. I've given up trying.
  • NWRunner
    Options
    Wasted hours today thinking I could win. Nope.
    Zero success at establishing downloads for new Citibank Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi-2020.

Desktop PC
    Windows 10 Home version 21H1
    Quicken Version R33.31

1. Established online Citi logon and password

2. Enabled 10 minute window to establish outside app data access Online.citi.com
    Profile – More Settings – Manage Desktop Access – “add access”

3. In Quicken search for financial institution, chose “Citi Cards” with website online.citi.com

4. Under Advanced Options, “Express Web Connect”
    "Ooops there is a connection problem" says Citi Cards website is temporarily unavailable

4. Under Advanced Options “Direct Connect”
    "You need login information from Citi Cards in order to have automatic downloads in Quicken."

Appreciate any tips.
  • TomTerrific
    TomTerrific Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    NWRunner: There are no tips to help you. See my messages above. [removed - disruptive/speculation/unhelpful]
  • NWRunner
    Options
    Were your 6 help tickets with Citi or Quicken?
    Is it possible to determine which side the problem is on?
  • NWRunner
    Options
    No response needed.
    On phone an hour with Quicken, opened my own ticket, shared 5 log files.
    Rep said it was a new issue but when he gave me the thread to follow for updates, it had been opened a month ago.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898164/citi-bank-citi-cards-cc-502-102
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For anyone following this thread I have determined that for Direct Connect existing connections will continue to work, but if one tries to setup a new connection it will fail saying the username/password is wrong.  So if you have a working connection by all means don't deactivate it!

This is also why the recommendation to "switch to Citi Cards/Direct Connect" will not work.  Note that "Citibank" Express Web connect has had a similar problem for all this time and as such will not work either.

Note since Direct Connect is a communication between Quicken (the program) and the financial institution the only possible way this could be a Quicken problem would be if Direct Connect was broken in some update.  This isn't possible for two reasons.  One is that connections to other financial institutions would be affected, they aren't, and as a test I reverted to a version of Quicken from the start of the year and tried again.  It didn't make any difference.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TomTerrific
    TomTerrific Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm beginning to agree that the problem is with Citibank and that Quicken should have been able to determine this earlier, without continuing to waste our time. I'm not going to use a Citi card again until this is fixed. (Citi tech support is even worse than Quicken's-- they just say it must be Quicken's problem because their systems are fine.)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTW for what it is worth you can use "Export" on the Citi Cards website and import transactions using the QFX file.  Note this worked for me, but I did have to get rid of some duplicate transactions.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P.S. Changing your password will result in the same kind of problem.
    Signature:
  • boblinthewild
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I decided to change my Citi account password for security reasons, and now Quicken no longer works with Citi. Also spent time chatting with Quicken support, who pointed me to the ticket referenced above. Every week someone from Quicken updates the ticked to say it's still broken and there is no ETA (same update posted again today). Quicken has effectively become useless to me and I'm about to ask for a refund.
  • boblinthewild
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    > If you haven't already, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of the register (open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab), clear the name of the financial institution (on the General tab), and select OK.  Next, select Tools > Add Account..., enter Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, choose Direct Connect, ...  After you have provided the authentication credentials, Quicken should obtain the credit card account and allow you to link it to the existing register.
    >
    > Note: You may need to enable access for Quicken: sign in to the Citi web site, select Profile > More Settings and Manage Desktop Apps

Same problem here. Tried what you suggested, but I get an error saying I don't have any login information at Citi Cards. Clicking on the provided link to sign up, I'm taken to the regular Citi page where my account is already set up (and logged in). This is a mess.
  • txfeinbergs
    txfeinbergs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately, this is the last straw for me. My Costco card was one of my main accounts and it has not been working for over 2 weeks now.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately, this is the last straw for me. My Costco card was one of my main accounts and it has not been working for over 2 weeks now.
    For what it is worth, I had my Costco Citi card "linked" into my Chase website account "external account", and it is now failing to update.  I also tried to deleted and recreate it and it will not add.  Tried the same thing in my USAA account with the same result.  Bottom line is that Citi is blocking all "aggregators/connections" not just the ones Quicken uses.

About the only connection that seems to still be working is Direct Connect for existing connections, and for people that haven't tried to change their passwords.
    Signature:
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    FYI.   Citicards direct connect is up and running again for me.    @Sherlock posted some helpful Quicken screen shots showing advance options and direct connect option you should use when reestablishing online services and relinking your Citi account in Quicken.

Before doing this... in Quicken Account Details, I deactivated online services and deleted the Account Number and Customer ID fields.

You may also have to go into Citi's website under Profile and reauthorize your Quicken connection if during troubleshooting you removed this authorization >> Profile>More Settings>Manage Desktop Apps.   You may have to add Quicken back as an authorized app.   Follow the instruction on the Citi website.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just for a FYI, not only are all off the Quicken connections now working, the connection between my Chase account and Citi credit card account is working too.  Citi fixed whatever it was late last night.
    Signature:
  • CMARS
    CMARS Member
    Options
    I'm on Mac. I was having the same problem. Went to "reset connection" on that account, changed institution to "Citi Cards" using Direct Connect, tried to sign in, got an error with a message from Citibank (inside of Quicken app) directing me to https://citi.com/datamanagement where I authorized the Quicken connection. Went back to Quicken and redid the sign in. Works.

> @Scooterlam said:
    > FYI.   Citicards direct connect is up and running again for me.    @Sherlock posted some helpful Quicken screen shots showing advance options and direct connect option you should use when reestablishing online services and relinking your Citi account in Quicken.
    >
    > Before doing this... in Quicken Account Details, I deactivated online services and deleted the Account Number and Customer ID fields.
    >
    > You may also have to go into Citi's website under Profile and reauthorize your Quicken connection if during troubleshooting you removed this authorization >> Profile>More Settings>Manage Desktop Apps.   You may have to add Quicken back as an authorized app.   Follow the instruction on the Citi website.
This discussion has been closed.