Online balance does not match chase bank balance?

Tom G
Tom G Member ✭✭
Online balance does not match chase bank balance?

Best Answer

• Tom G
    Tom G Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Error on my part. Thanks for the replies.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The online balance is supposed to be the balance of the transactions that have cleared the account when the account information was last pulled from the financial institution.  Therefore, it is expected that the online balance may not always match the balance viewed at the financial institution.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And may not match your Quicken account balance.  That's why you need to reconcile the account.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @Tom G

Can you give us some additional info?  Did this just start to happen or has it been happening for some time?  How are you connecting with Chase - direct connect, express web connect, or otherwise?  Is this new behavior or has this been out of balance for some time?  How do you connect with Chase?  Any additional info will help.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Tom G
    Tom G Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Error on my part. Thanks for the replies.
  • Joe Hopwood
    Joe Hopwood Member ✭✭
    This is relatively new. My Quicken Online Balance used to jive with the actual balance. However, now it even changes sometimes when the actual balance did not change. It is sort of like it is a step or two behind and tries to catch up.
  • I am having the same issue, it is with another bank. I had my Quicken program on my PC. I sent my PC off to have it serviced, and restored my backup to my laptop. Online balance updated fine on my PC, but does not on my laptop, but it is just with my bank, not credit card accounts or anything else. I am running the latest Quicken update on both PC and laptop. I just find it interesting that timing of the change from PC to laptop coincides with the failure to update my bank online balances.
This discussion has been closed.