OL-332-A Citi Cards

Janice
Janice Member ✭✭
I can't connect to Citi from Quicken for the last two weeks. Chatted with support and they stated that maybe Quicken doesn't accept special characters in their password. But of course Citi requires them. I removed Quicken access from Citi and then tried to re-add it but I still can't get in. And of course now since I removed it from Citi, it definitely is not going to work. Quicken's error message is telling me that my login is incorrect. It is not. I know this was a problem in the past. Is anyone else out there having this issue?

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Janice

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties updating and connecting to your Citi account(s). To better assist you I need a few more details. For instance, do you have one or multiple accounts, and is this occurring with all of them? Is this also occurring in a backup file? Also, there is a chance that due to exceeded attempts your account may have been locked by the financial institution. This is a precaution some banks take. I would recommend contact Citi Cards customer service for assistance with this. 

For more information regarding error OL-332, please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-services-ol-332-or-ol-330

Hope this helps. Please let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Janice said:
    Is anyone else out there having this issue?
    Yes, many people are having this problem.   At this point, until Citi gets it fixed you will need to use Web Connect, as in select Export on the Citi website and export/import the QFX file into Quicken.  Note you might get duplicate transactions the first time you do this switch over.

Not most people with a current connection using Direct Connect are still able to use it, but if you change your password, deactivate/reactivate, try to create a new account all of this will fail with it saying that your username/password is wrong.

Note that Express Web Connect has been broken for even longer and even for existing connections, so if you were using it that would have set you down this path too.

And once you removed the Quicken access on the Citi website you can't get it back because that requires Quicken to login in correctly after you have authorized it, and that isn't going to happen until they fix the problem.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/