B of A Won't let me Update: OL-301-A Rejected Request

Good day,

I've tried resetting, but will not recognize my account. I've been keying in transactions for 90 days (getting old). No issues logging in to my B of A accounts online (outside of Quicken). Appreciate any feedback that would help remedy this frustrating situation.

Thank you. Peace and love.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Jeff_from_Santa_Cruz .  I have also found that one of the following 3 steps can sometimes resolve OL-301 errors.  You might want to try them if you have not already done so.:
    1. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now.  If this does not work, proceed to the next step.
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.  If that does not work, proceed to the next step.
    3. Backup your data file in case something goes wrong.  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Setup now > follow the prompts.  During this process, if you get prompted, be sure to link the downloaded data to the current account already in Quicken.  Also, this process might enter transactions into the Account Register that are duplicates of what was previously entered there.  Duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted. 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    I don't see anywhere in this thread if you tried using the Express Web Connect (EWC) method to see if that works?
    This is long-shot theory: BofA disabled your Direct Connect (DC) method of connection to Quicken!  FYI, BofA discontinued the DC method years ago, and only allowed those users who had already established the DC connection with Quicken to maintain it.  You lucky ones got "grandfathered in".  But why they would disable a user's pre-established DC connection is the mystery - if that turns out to be the case.  And we'll find out after your call with them.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Hi @Jeff_from_Santa_Cruz

Please open the account register for this account. Next press Ctrl + Shift + E and then click on the "Online Services" tab.  In the box "Online setup" can you tell me what it has for both:
    "Financial Institution:" and "Connection Method:"?  Make sure you everything that comes after each of the colons. 

Thanks,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Good morning Frankz,

I did what you've asked - it reads: Your account is set-up for download. Financial Institution: Bank of America All other states connection method "Direct Connect". I have attached an image for review. Thank you for your help!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Jeff_from_Santa_Cruz

Here's a link to the Quicken guidance on this error code - LINK.

The above guidance indicates that you'll need to contact the bank to resolve this.  However, it is possible that the bank's 2 factor authorization requirements may be causing this.  You can check this by logging on to your account on the web and going to "Security Center".  You'll see a setting for "Extra security at sign in" which you should "turn off". In addition "Remember this device" should be "turned on".

Let us know how this works out.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Jeff_from_Santa_Cruz .  I have also found that one of the following 3 steps can sometimes resolve OL-301 errors.  You might want to try them if you have not already done so.:
    1. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now.  If this does not work, proceed to the next step.
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.  If that does not work, proceed to the next step.
    3. Backup your data file in case something goes wrong.  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Setup now > follow the prompts.  During this process, if you get prompted, be sure to link the downloaded data to the current account already in Quicken.  Also, this process might enter transactions into the Account Register that are duplicates of what was previously entered there.  Duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted. 

• Good morning BoatnManiac,

Thank you for the suggestions. I've tried, but no luck. I'm told that I need to contact B of A, so that's what I'll do. I appreciate your input.

Kind regards,
  • Frankx,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll call B of A and see if they can help.

Kind regards,
  • Boatnmaniac
    Good morning BoatnManiac,

Thank you for the suggestions. I've tried, but no luck. I'm told that I need to contact B of A, so that's what I'll do. I appreciate your input.

Kind regards,
    Yes, contacting the Financial Institution is the step to take when all else fails.  I hope it works out well for you.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Jeff_from_Santa_Cruz

Let me know how that works out, or if you are still having problems.

Frankx

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    I don't see anywhere in this thread if you tried using the Express Web Connect (EWC) method to see if that works?
    This is long-shot theory: BofA disabled your Direct Connect (DC) method of connection to Quicken!  FYI, BofA discontinued the DC method years ago, and only allowed those users who had already established the DC connection with Quicken to maintain it.  You lucky ones got "grandfathered in".  But why they would disable a user's pre-established DC connection is the mystery - if that turns out to be the case.  And we'll find out after your call with them.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > Hi @Jeff_from_Santa_Cruz .  I have also found that one of the following 3 steps can sometimes resolve OL-301 errors.  You might want to try them if you have not already done so.:* Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now.  If this does not work, proceed to the next step.
    > * Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.  If that does not work, proceed to the next step.
    >
    > * Backup your data file in case something goes wrong.  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Setup now > follow the prompts.  During this process, if you get prompted, be sure to link the downloaded data to the current account already in Quicken.  Also, this process might enter transactions into the Account Register that are duplicates of what was previously entered there.  Duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted. 

step number 3 above worked for me - thank you!!! Very important to either link to an existing Quicken account or select to not add the account.
  • Boatnmaniac
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > Hi @Jeff_from_Santa_Cruz .  I have also found that one of the following 3 steps can sometimes resolve OL-301 errors.  You might want to try them if you have not already done so.:* Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now.  If this does not work, proceed to the next step.
    > * Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.  If that does not work, proceed to the next step.
    >
    > * Backup your data file in case something goes wrong.  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Setup now > follow the prompts.  During this process, if you get prompted, be sure to link the downloaded data to the current account already in Quicken.  Also, this process might enter transactions into the Account Register that are duplicates of what was previously entered there.  Duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted. 

step number 3 above worked for me - thank you!!! Very important to either link to an existing Quicken account or select to not add the account.
    Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.