Cannot add (ALL) accounts

After going to Tools<Add Accounts and all other ways to Add Accounts, There are No other prompts that come after that. What could be the problem?

Comments

• DeLuxe Version R35.31
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Florence,

I just want to understand - are you trying to add a new account (for example add a savings account to your Quicken file) or are you trying to generate a report?  What actually happens when you attempt to "Add Accounts"  does anything appear on your screen, does Quicken shut down, can you give us some more information about that?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JenC3
    JenC3 Member
    I am trying to add a new checking account and am having the same problem as Florence (using the same version/release - Deluxe R35.31). I click on Add Account, the little blue circle does a quick spin, then nothing. No further prompts, just the same screen I started in (and I've tried moving to different screens - home, dashboard, etc.). There are three different places where Add Account exists and I've tried all three.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JenC3

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. It seems that there may a discrepancy with the software itself. I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling. Also, make sure that your main/active files are located in your local hard drive as well as your Quicken program. 

For instructions on un/reinstalling Quicken click here.  

Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • JenC3
    JenC3 Member
    Thank you, Paloma. I will give it a try and let you know!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.

Check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.

• I am also having trouble adding an account. I can add a financial account, but no other. I need to add a non-financial asset account manually, but cannot find a way to do it. I have the current release of Quicken for Windows subscription.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Hi @SandyJ47

Can you give me a little more information about what a "non-financial asset account" is?  And example would be helpful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -