Slow Entries in Register

Hi, my application is quite suddenly running very slow, specifically 'tabbing' between columns in the register takes a long time (4 seconds). OK, my file is large (46Mb) but this delay has just become obvious and there was no gradual slow down before. Is this file size abnormally large or should I be looking elsewhere for the problem?

I have resisted making a Year End Copy (now YE Archive) because I am not sure what data is accessible afterwards.
(i) I use Quicken as historical reference for purchases made many years ago.
(ii) I pay taxes in Singapore (tax year Jan 1 - Dec 31), UK (tax year 1 Apr - 31 Mar) and Australia (tax year 1 Jul - 30 Jun) so must keep more than just the last 12 months information.

Any help appreciated.
Stan

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    A 46 MB Quicken file is not large.  You certainly should be looking elsewhere for the issue.

I suggest you create a test Quicken file.  If the issue reproduces in the test Quicken file, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install, and update.  Otherwise, I suggest you follow the Copy and Validate instructions in: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows  Note: You will need to reestablish all Online Services.
  • Stan Moderate
    Stan Moderate Member ✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock! I am embarrassed to admit that somehow (likely the changes made to the File/Copy or Backup options in the latest Version) I was running from a back-up file on a Stick which was almost full :# I did a big clear out of all my back-up files and locations and am back running from C:\quickenw

Appreciate your input ;)