How to list reconcile date in account list or register?

Options
I know if I press CTRL-A I can see my account list and there I can choose the reconcile date. But right now I have my screen set up so that the accounts are listed on the left side and then details from the register on the right side.

What I'd like to see is if there's a way to list the most recent account reconcile date anywhere on the screen? Right now the only way for me to see that date is to press CTRL-A again or actually attempt to reconcile the account at which time the last reconciled date will be displayed.

So how do I make this field appear?

Thanks!

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi @openroadsite,

Unfortunately, the only places that the reconciled dates appear are on the "Account List" and in the "Reconcile" screen (Ctrl+R). 

However, if you wanted to produce a report and manipulate that to use it as some type of scheduling control, you could "print" the "Account List" and "save it" (Q uses the "Export to" terminology) as a tab-delinited file - which then can be opened in Excel.  From there you can sort it to produce a listing of accounts by date last reconciled.

Let me know if you have any followups or questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• openroadsite
    Options
    I appreciate the quick response. I'm a bit disappointed as I wish this was a feature for those of us who manually reconcile. Would be nice to see which accounts are already caught up when working through the reconciliation process.
  • megarrett47
    Options
    This would be extremely helpful.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another tool -- Sort the account by Clr Status.  All the reconciled transactions will be to the top.  The last 'R' transaction would effectively by the most recent reconcile date. 

I commonly sort banking registers that way -- it gives a clear demarcation of what has been reconciled and that balance, what has more recently cleared the bank, and those not yet seen (uncleared) by the bank.  Or click that header for a quick view, then click back to your preferred sort order.  
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I use a "Reminder" transaction to mark the reconcile dates in the register:
    Date = reconcile date
    Payee = Reminder
    Category = Reminder
    Amount = 0
    Memo = any note about the reconciliation
    Cleared status = blank

I also have the register preference setting to gray reconciled transactions. This makes the uncleared "Reminder" transactions stand out. 

You could also set up a monthly Reminder (aka Scheduled Transaction) and specify the days to show in advance to select when the reminder should show in the Bill and Income Reminders tab at the bottom of the register. Or enable the preference to show Reminders in the register. Then either skip the Reminder when it comes due or Enter it in the register. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list