Quicken sounds going to wrong device on Windows 11

I had Quicken working just fine (version R35.31 build 27.1.35.31) on Windows 10. I have my main sound device which is built into the computer and connected to external speakers. I also have a speakerphone device (Jabra Speak) connected that I use for a microphone.

In Windows 10, the Quicken sounds properly went to my default device, which is the built in sound device through speakers. But after upgrading to Windows 11, now my Quicken sounds are going to my speakerphone device. Quicken is the only application not sending sounds to the default device.

I've tried all the following with no success:
- Gone into the Windows sound mixer and made sure Quicken is set to output to the default device.
- Tried resetting all apps to default sound settings.
- Tried setting Quicken to specifically output to my speakers. (Quicken sounds still go to speakerphone)
- Unplugged speaker phone (Quicken sounds don't work at all)
- Plugged in speaker phone and disabled output (Quicken sounds don't work at all)
- Uninstalling Quicken and Reinstalling.
- Rebooting multiple times

Seems there's something messed up with Quicken sounds on Windows 11. I'm lucky I have the 2nd device plugged in or I wouldn't hear any sounds at all, which I'm sure is what others will likely encounter.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @LFD

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such, we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco