Quicken Mac v4.6.2 just added USD$430K to my ETRADE accounts!

Title says it all. Just upgraded to 4.6.2 on the Mac and the sidebar has inflated values for my ETRADE IRAs. While I am delighted at my new net worth, unfortunately, the new balances are completely inaccurate. Not immediately clear from the transaction list where this magic money has come from. Anyone else?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @PatchyFog

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Etrade account. To start off I would recommend checking your portfolio to see if there's a discrepancy or if there might also be an inflated value that could be throwing off your balance. Also, check to see if there might be an added cash balance you didn't have previously. 

Does the extra 430K have any resemblance to anything else in the account as well? It could be a duplicated balance or maybe a transaction might have duplicated. 

Once you get a chance please let us know what you were able to find. From there we'll see what steps we can attempt next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2021
    As Francisco says, you need to do a little digging to identify the source of the discrepancy.

In Quicken, click on one of your ETrade IRA accounts. Click on Portfolio view, and set the filters to Portfolio Value and Group by Security. Finally, in the upper right, set the As Of date to the last date of last month. 

Log into your eTrade account and download your statement for last month, list your holdings for each security as of the last day of the month.

Now compare Quicken and the statement security by security: number of shares, price, and market value.

One or more of the holdings will probably disagree. If it's not apparent what the problem is at this point, post again to explain what you've found. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • PatchyFog
    PatchyFog Member ✭✭
    IMMEDIATELY after an UPGRADE the balances went up -- that simply screams REGRESSION. I'm not in the mood right now to help Quicken troubleshoot their problem, so I'll just ignore it for a while or delete and re-create those account and see if the program does better in the future.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    PatchyFog said:
    I'm not in the mood right now to help Quicken troubleshoot their problem, so I'll just ignore it for a while or delete and re-create those account and see if the program does better in the future.
    Since no one else is reporting such an issue, it's possible, or perhaps likely, Quicken doesn't know there's any problem. It's not a matter of helping them, it's a matter of helping yourself overcome a problem. It's up to you if you care to pursue it. Just be aware that if you delete the account and re-add it, you will likely lose most of your transaction history, if that matters to you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.