In the Budget how do I remove Business Income and expenses from showing?

I don't have any business.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    MyronD said:
    Hi Chris, thanks for your response. However when I do Tools -> Category List -> right click on category, Edit -> Tax Reporting tab.
    I cannot Edit the Tax Reporting I only get option to Hide/Unhide . I don't get Edit
    This sounds like you are trying to edit a built-in category (which can't be changed).
    Example:

In that case it sounds like @Frankx mentioned and that you might have had a business category added to your data file when you used a business version of Quicken.  In that case the only way to get it off of the budget view would be to recategorize the transactions that are using that category.  You can select the Usage number to get a report on what transactions are using that category.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MyronD

Which version of Quicken are you running and was there any time in the recent past that you were tracking a business in Quicken?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• MyronD
    MyronD Member ✭✭
    Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property version 35.31
    No never tracked business in Quicken
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    On the Planning tab, Budgets View, Manage Budget Categories -> go to the Business Expenses and Business Income sections and deselect any categories there.  If there aren't any categories selected these category groups will not be shown.

If there are categories you want to use in there, but shouldn't be in the Business sections you need to change that tax line in those categories so that they aren't selecting a Schedule C tax line.
    Tools -> Category List -> right click on category, Edit -> Tax Reporting tab.
    Signature:
  • MyronD
    MyronD Member ✭✭
    Hi Chris, thanks for your response. However when I do Tools -> Category List -> right click on category, Edit -> Tax Reporting tab.
    I cannot Edit the Tax Reporting I only get option to Hide/Unhide . I don't get Edit
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    MyronD said:

Move the cursor to some blank spot within the category before you right-click. It won't work otherwise.
    You can also click on the "(>)" icon (circle with a triangle) in the Action column to get the same popup of available actions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    MyronD said:
    This sounds like you are trying to edit a built-in category (which can't be changed).
    Example:

In that case it sounds like @Frankx mentioned and that you might have had a business category added to your data file when you used a business version of Quicken.  In that case the only way to get it off of the budget view would be to recategorize the transactions that are using that category.  You can select the Usage number to get a report on what transactions are using that category.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.