Cant Add Citi Custom Cash Mastercard

Options
Recently, Citi has come out with a new credit card, called the "Custom Cash" CC. Its a Mastercard. I applied and got it. It shows up on my citi.com account along with my other credit cards using the same credentials. But I cant seem to add it in Quicken. I've tried everything to get Quicken to detect my new account (adding a new CC, de-activating and re-activating my citi login within Quicken, making sure its using Direct Connect, etc). Quicken can access my Citi American Airlines credit card just fine. But it seems to not "see" my second credit card that is accessed using the same login/pw credentials. Quicken can also access my wife's Citi Costco CC just fine as well using her own credentials.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    rajuabju said:
    Recently, Citi has come out with a new credit card, called the "Custom Cash" CC. Its a Mastercard. I applied and got it. It shows up on my citi.com account along with my other credit cards using the same credentials. But I cant seem to add it in Quicken. I've tried everything to get Quicken to detect my new account (adding a new CC, de-activating and re-activating my citi login within Quicken, making sure its using Direct Connect, etc). Quicken can access my Citi American Airlines credit card just fine. But it seems to not "see" my second credit card that is accessed using the same login/pw credentials. Quicken can also access my wife's Citi Costco CC just fine as well using her own credentials.
    When you tried adding a new CC account to Quicken for it, did you click on the Citi button to start the setup process or did you type Citi in the field about the Financial Institutions shown and then select Citi Cards?
    The Citi button will try to set up your CC account with Citibank.com but you want to use the Citi Cards option, instead, because that will try to set it up with Citi.com.  Then be sure to click on Advanced Options so you can select the Direct Connect option.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @rajuabju

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    rajuabju said:
    When you tried adding a new CC account to Quicken for it, did you click on the Citi button to start the setup process or did you type Citi in the field about the Financial Institutions shown and then select Citi Cards?
    The Citi button will try to set up your CC account with Citibank.com but you want to use the Citi Cards option, instead, because that will try to set it up with Citi.com.  Then be sure to click on Advanced Options so you can select the Direct Connect option.

• Richard Gluckman
    Options
    This did not work for me. I get my checking account at Citi and my Costo Anywhere Visa by Citi, but the new Citi CustomCash Mastercard does not appear after I enter my credentials and entire TWICE my one-time passcode. I guess if you have one bank account and two credit cards, you have to enter three different pass codes. Anyway, Quicken does not get data on my new credit card.
  • Richard Gluckman
    Options
    I got it to work. Citi wants you to resubmit your data at citi.com/datamanagement to re-establish the link. Then it works. Also, I did not do the step regarding "Advanced Options." Sorry.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I got it to work. Citi wants you to resubmit your data at citi.com/datamanagement to re-establish the link. Then it works. Also, I did not do the step regarding "Advanced Options." Sorry.
    I'm glad you got it to work for you.
    Since you did not go the "Advanced Options" route, it means you probably set up that account for Express Web Connect (EWC), instead of Direct Connect (DC).  You can confirm this by looking at the top of the Account Register screen for that account.
    If you do have EWC, you might want to consider upgrading the connection to DC.  It is much faster and and much more reliable connection that EWC.   You can upgrade to DC by clicking on the link for it in Account List or on the Online Services tab of Account Details.

• Tom Bonner
    Tom Bonner Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I converted an old Citi card to the Custom Cash card and couldn't get the new card to download by connecting to Citi Cards and setting to Direct Connect but got an error message that I needed to go to citi.com/datamanagement. Logging into the datamanagement link activated a 10 minute clock in which to retry in Quicken and then it worked.

(Quicken Deluxe 6.6.2 for Mac)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Tom Bonner These instructions, and this thread are for QWin, but you're running QMac.  But I'm glad that you got it to work.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• msilagy
    msilagy Member
    Options
    I have had this same issue since opening a Citi Custom Cash account in February. I've followed all the steps indicated by others to try to resolve the problem and also worked with Quicken Tech Support and Citi Tech Support on several occasions to try and resolve it. While it appears to work, the next time I try to update through One Step Update, though Quicken indicates transactions updated, I find for the Custom Cash Card they did not. I even unlinked the Custom Cash Card from my Citi login (have other accounts there similar to other users), and created a separate login just for the Custom Cash Card. Same result. Citi doesn't appear to have any interest in addressing this issue believing their card is so valuable users will go through the extra effort to work outside Quicken to maintain the account and export transactions without using One Step Update. For me that's a non-starter. I'm closing the account with Citi. There are plenty of other cash card options available. Historically, I've had more trouble with Citi card accounts working reliably in Quicken than any other financial institution.