Bills & Income Tab Payees Doesn't Match 'Manage Manual Bills and Income.'

The Bills & Income Tab shows all my payees. But, when I go into 'Manage Manual Bills and Income' there are far less payees.
Any idea why some mf my payee reminders are missing form 'Manage Manual Bills and Income.'

James

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    James114 said:
    In order for a schedule bill to display in Bills and Income tab you must first add bill(s) in Manage Bills and Income. Correct?
    So, they should match. But they don't.
    We do not need to use Manage Bills and Income to add bill(s).  For example, we may select the + icon at the upper right of the Bills, Income, & Transfers or Bills view on the Bills & Income tab.

Again, the reminders in the Bill and Income Reminders window (press Ctrl + J) are a subset of the types of entries that may appear in the views on the 
    Bills & Income tab.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Manage Manual Bill and Income allows us to manage our Bill and Income reminders not our payees.  There is no such thing as payee reminder.  I suspect you may be including online bills in the Bills & Income tab view.
  • James114
    James114 Member ✭✭✭
    Ok. My Bill and Income Income reminders show less bill reminders then Bills and Income tab.
    How do I find out if what bills in Bills and Income are online and which ones are not??
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    James114 said:
    Ok. My Bill and Income Income reminders show less bill reminders then Bills and Income tab.
    How do I find out if what bills in Bills and Income are online and which ones are not??
    To view only the online bills, set the filter on the Bills, Income, & Transfers or Bills view on the Bills and Income tab to Online bills in the pull-down menu.

To view only the manual bills, set the filter on the Bills, Income, & Transfers or Bills view on the Bills and Income tab to Manual bills in the pull-down menu.

There is a recent issue posted for the R36.17 staged release indicating there may be problem with viewing online bills using the Due in date range filter.  A work around is to sort by Biller Name.
  • James114
    James114 Member ✭✭✭
    I checked that out. In 'Bills and Income' indicates I have no online bills.
    As I said before, when I go to 'Manage Manual Bills and Income' shows only 9 bills but
    'Bills and Income' (All bills) shows 16 bills.
    Why the difference?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    James114 said:
    I checked that out. In 'Bills and Income' indicates I have no online bills.
    As I said before, when I go to 'Manage Manual Bills and Income' shows only 9 bills but
    'Bills and Income' (All bills) shows 16 bills.
    Why the difference?
    Again, Manage Manual Bills and Income only show the manual reminders and Bills and Income (All bills) will include all: manual reminders, online bills, ... 

I suggest you examine the differing bills.
  • James114
    James114 Member ✭✭✭
    I still don't understand.
    Shouldn't Bills and Income (All Bills) show the same bills as in Reminders?
    All my Reminders are manual.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    James114 said:
    I still don't understand.
    Shouldn't Bills and Income (All Bills) show the same bills as in Reminders?
    All my Reminders are manual.
    If you only have manual reminders, Bills and Income (All Bills) should the same as Bills and Income (Manual Bills).
  • James114
    James114 Member ✭✭✭
    In order for a schedule bill to display in Bills and Income tab you must first add bill(s) in Manage Bills and Income. Correct?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    James114 said:
    We do not need to use Manage Bills and Income to add bill(s).  For example, we may select the + icon at the upper right of the Bills, Income, & Transfers or Bills view on the Bills & Income tab.

Again, the reminders in the Bill and Income Reminders window (press Ctrl + J) are a subset of the types of entries that may appear in the views on the 
    Bills & Income tab.
  • James114
    James114 Member ✭✭✭
    I'm getting to understand it a bit now.
    I realty don't need to add bills in reminders if I don't require Quicken to remind me of upcoming bills.
    I think I got it now.

Thanks much for your assistance,
    James
This discussion has been closed.