Tagged income not showing up in profit and loss statement

I have been doing private practice therapy part time since last year. I am moving to doing private practice full time by the beginning of November so will wait to be paid as my PLLC and deposit into a business checking until 1/1/2022. The income that I was paid by the agency (1099 relationship) was deposited into my personal checking account.

I have gone through last years transactions and have tagged all the appropriate income and expense transactions with my business tag. The expense transactions are showing up in the report but the income is not.

Will I have to create invoices for all the payments I received in order for them to show up on my profit and loss or can I "include" the income transactions that have been tagged as business related somehow? I appreciate any feedback! Have a good day.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Alan Brailsford

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your reports. There could be a couple of different things causing the issue you're having but it's difficult to say what exactly is. In this case, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to screen share to double-check on different things that could be causing the issue you're having. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

To be included in business reports (and I don't know where else) you have to assign the category to a schedule C tax line item number.  To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C.  Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it.  Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C: tax line item.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.