I have one charge, Costco Gas, that comes in as a credit instead of debit on Wells Fargo Visa

jamesq99
jamesq99 Member ✭✭
Purchases from the Costco store come in properly and my Wells Fargo statement shows them as a charge. They always come in as a green credit when I download and it's happend 10 times or more over the last couple months. This is the only vendor that doesn't work. Any ideas how to fix? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @jamesq99

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Costco Gas transaction. I'm wondering here what exactly might be causing that if it's the only payee that's showing a flipped amount. I'm wondering if we'll get a similar issue in a test file. I'll leave steps on how to create a test file down below.

To create a test file you'll want to go across the top to File > New > start from scratch > default categories > don't sync to mobile and web. From here add your account to the new test file and check if we experience a similar issue. 

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @jamesq99 One quick thing to look at is that is being transmitted by Wells Fargo. Click on one of the Costco Gas transactions, and select View > Show Inspector. Look at the bottom line in the Inspector window: Statement Amount. This is the amount sent from the financial institution before Quicken has done anything with the transaction. Compare this to another transaction. Is the gas transaction the opposite of other credit card transactions? If so, you'll probably need to reach out to Wells Fargo to have them investigate why they are transmitting the wrong value for transactions from this payee. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jamesq99
    jamesq99 Member ✭✭
    I think I figured it out. It was saved as a transfer to another credit card account thus creating a credit for the debit. I cleared all renaming rules so hopefully it will come down as just category auto fuel with no associated transfer
This discussion has been closed.