Why when I search for a saved report is it giving me a completely different report?

MAMAW
MAMAW Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have numerous saved reports, and when I click on the one I want it brings up a completely different report.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @MAMAW,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MAMAW
    MAMAW Member ✭✭
    I already tried the above. Still getting a completely different report from the one I asked for. So frustrating.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many saved reports do you have? Do you use folders for different types of saved reports?
    Are you aware that a saved report only saves the customization settings of the report and not the actual transaction data as they existed on the day that you saved the report? All reports always use what's in your data file right now and not what was there in the past.
    I recommend you create a new report from scratch and, once satisfied with the results, save the settings again, to replace the old saved report.
  • MAMAW
    MAMAW Member ✭✭
    I have LOTS of saved reports in folders dating back to the early 2000's. I have many reports that contain the data as I saved it on the day it was created.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    MAMAW said:
    I have LOTS of saved reports in folders dating back to the early 2000's. I have many reports that contain the data as I saved it on the day it was created.
    As @UKR said, saved reports do not save data, they save the settings for generating the report.  Depending on the settings those reports may or may not display the same data each time they are run.

MAMAW said:
    I have numerous saved reports, and when I click on the one I want it brings up a completely different report.
    In what way are the reports "different"?
    Are the settings changed?
    If not do they produce unexcepted results like you have selected certain accounts/categories and they are now displaying from a different set of accounts/categories?

A while back they changed the way report settings select accounts/categories, and there have been reports that this has affected some people's saved reports, and they have to go in and fix the settings, or even create the report from scratch.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.