Working Ticker Symbol for BitCoins?

Options
Does anyone have a good working Ticker Symbol to track Bitcoins in Windows Quicken?

I have seen INDEX:NYXBT, but that doesn't seem to work.

I am looking for Ticker Symbol that will provide the actual SPOT value for a Bitcoin.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Ronald Westman, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. There may not be a Ticker Symbol that will provide the exact value for Bitcoin. The only other workaround that some users have found helpful is INDEX:NYXBT, as stated above. The reason being is, Quicken does not yet support cryptocurrency tracking. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

For more information about this particular INDEX:NYXBT please visit the link below. 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7896491/symbol-for-tracking-bitcoin-cash-in-quicken

Again we apologize for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Ronald Westman
    Options
    Of course not the answer I was hoping for.

My confusion is this: Etherum (another Cryptocurrency) can be tracked by Quicken using:

INDEX:ETHUSD200

This provides active updates.
    Why would Etherum be tracked, but not Bitcoin?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Of course not the answer I was hoping for.

My confusion is this: Etherum (another Cryptocurrency) can be tracked by Quicken using:

INDEX:ETHUSD200

This provides active updates.
    Why would Etherum be tracked, but not Bitcoin?
    The third-party quote provider Quicken utilizes appears to support a similar variety of Bitcoin indices.  For example, INDEX:NQBTCS

I would not refer to any of these quotes as providing a spot price.
  • Ronald Westman
    Options
    Hello Sherlock, INDEX:NQBTCS looks like it is working.

Thank you