Bills & Income: cannot log into Chase

I cannot pay my Chase credit card. Every time I attempt to do this, it requires me to log in. Part of the login is getting a code from Chase. I never get this code. I've tried asking for a phone call to both my cell phone and land line, and a text message to cell phone. Chase never sends me the code. Also, it should offer to email the code to me but doesn't have this option in the list.

Deleting the biller and starting over does not fix this problem.

Calling Chase does not fix this problem. They say they do not get the request to send the code.

After every pay attempt or attempt to refresh the bill, Quicken sends me an email that Chase Needs Attention - to update biller information in Quicken.

How do I fix this problem so that Chase credit card bill can be paid?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dbrooks787

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I was able to take a look and did not find any errors with the linked account(s). I will submit a bug report with our service providers so that they may take a further look. Also, I have sent you a message with further instructions. I will provide updates for you as I have them. Again we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. 

Let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    This happens to me too with Chase.  This usually happens when I get a new version of Beta Quicken and then I get  an "Alert" that states Biller Chase needs your attention.  I click it and get a message back to provide a code with the option to receive it on my iPhone as a Message or to receive it in an email.  Both options work for me.  When I enter the code it goes through a process of signing on and then all is clear again.  I would suggest getting in touch with Chase and letting them know of your problem with them.  I don't believe there is a problem with Q Beta or my Quicken production version , for that matter.
  • dbrooks787
    dbrooks787 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @dbrooks787
    >
    > … I will submit a bug report with our service providers so that they may take a further look. Also, I have sent you a message with further instructions.

Thank you Paloma,

I’ll get on tomorrow, hopefully!
  • dbrooks787
    dbrooks787 Member ✭✭
    > @jobworker said:
    > This happens to me too with Chase.  

> …I would suggest getting in touch with Chase and letting them know of your problem with them.  I don't believe there is a problem with Q Beta or my Quicken production version , for that matter.

Last time I talked to Chase they disavowed any knowledge of my text or phone call code requests from Quicken. Also, for some reason, Quicken is not passing on the ability to ask for the code by email, even though I get it when logging in online. If all else fails, I’ll try calling Chase again.

Thanks for your input and suggestions.
  • claydeal
    claydeal Member
    Hi there. Long time lurker... first time poster.

I have the same problem. It was exacerbated by the fact that around the 1st, I put in a billpay request to pay my bill on about the 15th, when my card is due. Then, I get a message on the 16th from Chase that my card was never paid. I log into Quicken to learn that there was an error with connecting to Chase to make the payment, and they need the code to continue. This is the second time this has happened in recent months, and is really unacceptable. In my mind, if I get a confirmation of payment, it shouldn't be blocked.

Chase was nice enough to reverse the late charges (I never pay late), but the answer for a "long term fix" was to use their website.

Does anyone know if there is an active query on this process flow challenge?
  • Hello @claydeal & @dbrooks787,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize for the trouble you

Unfortunately, the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) process is something we need to go to the bank for help with. This requirement comes directly from the bank. Being that you and/or others have already gone to them without any luck, I do have a suggestion. You can try changing your security preferences from the bank website. Normally this wouldn't be my first suggestion, but it does sound to me like your security preferences need to be refreshed. If possible try turning off the MFA, and see if that makes a difference in your Quicken. If you can not figure this out on your own, call Chase for guidance with this process. 

• dbrooks787
    dbrooks787 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:

> I do have a suggestion. You can try changing your security preferences from the bank website.

Unfortunately, Chase does not provide a way to either set or reset MFA. It is something they do to authenticate desktop software whether you want it or not. Periodically they require the software to be re-authenticated.

As I stated before, Chase says they are not receiving the requests to send the code from Quicken. Therefore the problem is at the Quicken end, not the Chase end.

I wish it were as simple as stopping and restarting 2FA, but this is just not possible.
  • Hello again, @dbrooks787,

Thank you for your response! I was afraid that might be the case. The security preferences and options differ depending on the financial institution. 

In this case, I did do some more research on the problems you are experiencing. Chase as a biller has been presenting issues for some time now. The issues are known and a resolution is currently being worked on. I went ahead and reported your accounts on the issue as well, to contribute to the investigation process. 

Unfortunately, there is currently no ETA on when the issue will be resolved. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you all are experiencing with this. 

Quicken Alyssa
  • dbrooks787
    dbrooks787 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Thanks for your > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > Hello again, @dbrooks787,
    >
    > Thank you for your response! I was afraid that might be the case. The security preferences and options differ depending on the financial institution. 
    >
    > ...
    > Unfortunately, there is currently no ETA on when the issue will be resolved. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you all are experiencing with this. 
    >
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

Thank you for your update, Alyssa. I was afraid that would be the case from your end, as well. I hope that Quicken and Chase can resolve this issue quickly. As of now, I cannot pay my Chase bills via Quicken online bill pay. I suppose Quick Pay will work, though.
  • I have the same issue. I have 3 Chase credit cards and every month is a different experience; Sometimes they all receive payment fine, sometimes 2 out of 3 pay OK and 3rd kicks back. There's no rhyme or reason and I give up - don't have time to waste troubleshooting Quicken's quirky deficiencies. Have gone back to 1990 and having Quicken issue/mail physical checks with CheckPay. I also have to instruct Quicken to mail checks for my Capital One payment and Xfinity payment because Quicken can't interface with those mom & pop organizations. Credit card companies were happy to move their due dates to later in the month to accommodate physical checks flowing through USPS. If I didn't have 30 years of transaction history embedded in the software I would have dropped this subscription years ago.
  • Same issue since last month, actually caused me to almost miss my bill date. I have reverted back to just paying using Chase website... I am not sure if I will keep the premium sub if this issue keeps occurring!
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Chase has worked fine for me but then I only have one card.  I do however, have to reaffirm my identity from time to time with a code they send to my cell phone.
This discussion has been closed.