How do I use the "update" feature when my accounts have 2FA authorization.

Richard S
Richard S Member ✭✭
Several of my "update" accounts now have/require dual authorization to access. Is there anyway to to use dual authorization and still use the "update feature.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    If the connection method used requires additional authentication, you should be prompted to provide the additional authentication.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Richard S said:
    You answered my question and thank you...................but...............Quicken H&B is not asking me for the additional information. I am not sure I can even give it because my bank is sending me a text each time with a "code" I must enter before I can even get into the my account. I am thinking that the bank is sending that info to Quicken and Quicken does not know how to respond and I then do not get my account downloaded. I then have to manually do it myself. That is one of the reasons I purchased the the subscription version so that I could use the "download" feature for several accounts at once.
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

To resolve multiple factor authentication issues associated with the Express Web Connect connection method, I suggest reporting the problem to Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If the connection method used requires additional authentication, you should be prompted to provide the additional authentication.
  • Richard S
    Richard S Member ✭✭
    You answered my question and thank you...................but...............Quicken H&B is not asking me for the additional information. I am not sure I can even give it because my bank is sending me a text each time with a "code" I must enter before I can even get into the my account. I am thinking that the bank is sending that info to Quicken and Quicken does not know how to respond and I then do not get my account downloaded. I then have to manually do it myself. That is one of the reasons I purchased the the subscription version so that I could use the "download" feature for several accounts at once.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What bank -
    Also, updated your terminology -
    it is usually referred to as .... Two Factor Authentication - or - 2FA -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Richard S said:
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

To resolve multiple factor authentication issues associated with the Express Web Connect connection method, I suggest reporting the problem to Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options