Blank entries in the Tools -> Online Center

rgs nerur
rgs nerur Member ✭✭
My quicken (Windows) data file has got a bit large (200mb), so I made a copy purged some of the older data, exported the data to a QIF file. Then proceeded to create a new data file and imported the data. Everything worked well *EXCEPT* QW can no longer connect to any of the institutions. When I go to Tools -> Online, it is completely blank.

Suggestions please?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello  @rgs nerur, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize for the confusion and frustration. However, we are glad you were able to get your issue resolved. Let us know if you come across any errors or questions/concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    When using QIF to export data from one file and then import into a new file it does not transfer all the account online service setups.  Instead, all the accounts in the new file will be manual accounts.  The accounts need to be setup for OSU via Add Account or Set Up Now, again.  Have you done that?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    Sorry, yes I did do the Add Account. This didn't work, got an error "We couldn't get information about Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. This account will be set up as a manual account". Then I proceeded to "Set up Now" and this also fails with an OL-297-A.
  • rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    Figured out (thanks to help from QW support), i had to disable my VPN. Go figure
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello  @rgs nerur, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize for the confusion and frustration. However, we are glad you were able to get your issue resolved. Let us know if you come across any errors or questions/concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • rgs nerur
    rgs nerur Member ✭✭
    All good, thank you Quicken Paloma (and Monica who helped out over a chat)
This discussion has been closed.