"Automatically apply remainder to current line" in split transaction ?

Options
That option in the Edit is always dimmed for me.

Any ideas why ?

Thanks

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I suspect the option is dimmed because there is no remainder in the split to be applied.

• steve150@
    steve150@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK that's it.

So here's the deal.

I have a memorized transaction for my car payment with the $500 /month amount.
    Every month I look at the bank site to see what they show went for principle (first split line) & what for interest (second split line).

I'd like to be able to tab over to the amount column - enter the Bank's principle $$ number - and have the second split line (interest) automatically populate with the correct $$ amount.

Instead it insists on creating a third split line (no category) with the interest amount. So the Split Total & Transaction Total are $500 - no remainder as you thought.

How can I set this up to do what I want ?

Thanks
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    steve150@ said:
    OK that's it.

So here's the deal.

I have a memorized transaction for my car payment with the $500 /month amount.
    Every month I look at the bank site to see what they show went for principle (first split line) & what for interest (second split line).

I'd like to be able to tab over to the amount column - enter the Bank's principle $$ number - and have the second split line (interest) automatically populate with the correct $$ amount.

Instead it insists on creating a third split line (no category) with the interest amount. So the Split Total & Transaction Total are $500 - no remainder as you thought.

How can I set this up to do what I want ?

Thanks
    I suggest deleting the third split line and then apply the remainder:
  • steve150@
    steve150@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks
    Easier to just enter the amount it seems.