Is Quicken for Mac 2013-2015 good for transitioning from 2007 vs. the new 2021?

Options
bugmenow
bugmenow Member ✭✭
Currently I have Quicken 2007. I need to upgrade to Catalina and of course it isn't compatible. Grrr... I previously used it for personal and business but I'm now retired and really only want to create registers for my accounts, as well as be able to categorize items (Quick Reports) for transactions such as medical, taxes, auto, etc. I don't need or use the online features of the 2021. I'm wondering if I could just download either 2013, 14, or 15. I understand those are 64 bit and compatible with Catalina?...and perhaps a bit less overkill. Any recommendation is appreciated. Also which one of these is the most reliable and similar to 2007?

Best Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Even if you're not using the online features, I'd still recommend the current version over one that's 6-8 years old. AFAIK it runs on Catalina.
    I don't know where you'd get an older version at this point anyway.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is no Quicken 2013 or 2014 for Mac. Period. There was a Quicken 2015 -- the first release of the modern Quicken Mac -- but it was paid software, so you'd have to try to find it on eBay or somewhere and buy it. I wouldn't recommend Quicken Mac 2015, though. It was a first release and lacked a lot of functionality which has been added in the ensuing 7 years.

You could purchase a one year subscription to the current Quicken Mac, and then let your subscription lapse next if you don't want any of the online features, upgrades, or tech support. Quicken steals a chunk of your screen for a permanent message to upgrade, but if you can live with that, that's the way to go. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Even if you're not using the online features, I'd still recommend the current version over one that's 6-8 years old. AFAIK it runs on Catalina.
    I don't know where you'd get an older version at this point anyway.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is no Quicken 2013 or 2014 for Mac. Period. There was a Quicken 2015 -- the first release of the modern Quicken Mac -- but it was paid software, so you'd have to try to find it on eBay or somewhere and buy it. I wouldn't recommend Quicken Mac 2015, though. It was a first release and lacked a lot of functionality which has been added in the ensuing 7 years.

You could purchase a one year subscription to the current Quicken Mac, and then let your subscription lapse next if you don't want any of the online features, upgrades, or tech support. Quicken steals a chunk of your screen for a permanent message to upgrade, but if you can live with that, that's the way to go. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.