Prompt to re-enter credentials on a CLOSED account

I paid off a loan (Third Federal) and closed that account within Quicken almost 3 months ago. Suddenly, starting this week, when updating transactions for my remaining open accounts, the process is interrupted by a prompt to re-enter my username and password for the closed account. This account is not even on list of accounts to update. When I hit cancel since this does not apply, the update process for my other accounts ends prematurely.

Comments

• Hello @Mordon66,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

There is a thread where someone was having the same issue, with a different financial institution. This resolved the issue for the other person, and I hope it will do the same for you! Don't forget to save a backup! Here is the link to the Community Post. Hope that helps, and if not, just let me know!

Thank you,

Quicken Alyssa
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Mordon66 ,

Be sure to do Manual Backups, before making changes and after the changes work.

View your Hidden Accounts in Quicken. In the Account Bar, at the bottom, click on More Accounts. Now click to Manage Hidden Accounts.
    Make the Account closed, available again in Quicken.

Once available in Quicken, open the Register.
    Click on the Actions Gear. Click Account Overview. At the bottom, click Change Online Services.
    Make sure it reads, Set Up Now. If it does not read Set Up Now, Deactivate the Account and hide it once again.

Questions?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754