"Bills & Income" shows payment "Overdue by x days" even though it has been paid. (Q Mac)

I'm having a weird issue with several of my "Payees" under the "Bills & Income" section where it will tell me when my next payment is due. I pay the bill online (not using Quicken) and maybe a couple of days later when I see the transaction in my bank account, I will refresh Quicken and see the transaction update correctly in Quicken. Some of the payees though will automatically mark as paid and update the amount column with what was last paid and some of them do not. They are all "ebill" payees and I have verified that the payee that shows up on my bank statement matches what the payee is set to in the settings for the "Bills & Income" section.

The settings for each payee seem to all be the same as I went through each one just to verify. "Payment Method = I pay the biller directly (typical)" and "Mark as Paid = I'll do it myself". I've tried setting "Mark as Paid = Automatic" but still have the same results. The ones that are set to "I'll do it myself" still will automatically mark as paid when it sees the payment posted in my bank account.
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @briankennedy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. Can you please provide me with some more information about this issue? 

Is the issue biller specific? Does this only happen with some billers and others behave as expected? Also, have you tried deleting and re-adding the bills/billers that are having issues?

Quicken Alyssa

• briankennedy
    briankennedy Member ✭✭
    This seems to only happen with some billers and others do behave as expected. I have tried deleting and re-adding the bills/billers that are having issues.

I made a payment to my Chase credit card on 10/24. Quicken is now showing the transaction from my bank statement that the payment cleared on 10/26. When I switch over to "Bills & Income" tab my Chase bill says "Overdue by 4 days". Under the "Amount" column it says "Awaiting next bill". I am able to click the PDF icon and view the bill so the e-bill appears to be working correctly. Not sure why it's saying my payment is overdue when it has cleared.
  • Hello again, @briankennedy,

Thank you for providing those details for me! 

From the bank end of things, all of your billers look to be without any issues. While that is good news, it doesn't really help me in determining the cause of the issue you are having. 

I am curious, has the transaction shown up in the account register of the account you paid from yet? And does it show as a Bill Pay payee? It would have a green dollar sign icon next to it, as shown below.

Thank you for your continued cooperation in this troubleshooting process. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Quicken Alyssa
  • briankennedy
    briankennedy Member ✭✭
    So if you look at the screenshots I have attached. The screenshot "overdue.png" shows that I have 4 bills currently overdue under "Bills & Income" -> "Bills" tab. If I then go to "Bills & Income" -> "Activity" tab which is represented in "paid.png", the activity for at least two of them on the overdue list are marked as paid. If I then go to the Register from the account in which I paid those bills and download latest transactions, I see the two bills in there with the amount I paid on those dates.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    So if you look at the screenshots I have attached. The screenshot "overdue.png" shows that I have 4 bills currently overdue under "Bills & Income" -> "Bills" tab. If I then go to "Bills & Income" -> "Activity" tab which is represented in "paid.png", the activity for at least two of them on the overdue list are marked as paid. If I then go to the Register from the account in which I paid those bills and download latest transactions, I see the two bills in there with the amount I paid on those dates.
    Hello @briankennedy

I am so sorry to hear that this problem is continuing. I want to thank you for contacting the Quicken Community and keeping in touch with us about this.

Based on these screenshots, it does appear that there is contradicting information between the two . You are correct that there is a problem with what is being displayed.

Unfortunately, it would be more beneficial to you at this stage to reach out to our phone support team. You can do this by following the link below:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Feel free to reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.