• punk
    punk Member ✭✭
    Great! Thank you!
  • stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    Appreciate you taking our feedback
  • CashGrab
    CashGrab Member ✭✭
    I'm very pleased that Quicken team members are listening to the input provided by customers. Perhaps consider eliciting customer feedback prior to enacting these types of changes, in the future. I look forward to the "Due date" functionality being restored. Thank you!
  • jefflock
    jefflock Member ✭✭✭
    Very good decision. Thank you for listening.
  • RickVV
    RickVV Member ✭✭
    Thank you Quicken!
  • dk90
    dk90 Member ✭✭
    I'm glad Quicken is restoring the old "Due Date" functionality. As a suggestion; since the code has already been written, why not utilize a toggle switch so that either method could be used at the user's discretion.
  • mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with everyone who did not like the changes that were forced upon all users without announcing what to expect with the latest update. I am disappointed none of the Quicken’s technical support personnel knew anything about what to expect with the changes to the Online Bill Paying update. I am happy Quicken is restoring the original way the Online Bill Paying functionality works. Thank you Quicken!
  • srslechta
    srslechta Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    [Removed - Rant/Speculation]  I have also missed some payments now since I did not see them in my reminder page. Do you have any user acceptance testing and quality control at Quicken?
  • DeeBee13
    DeeBee13 Member ✭✭
    It was unfortunate that Quicken put themselves in this position. My background was in Systems Engineering and Software Development. In the real world the first thing you learn is to "Listen to the Customer". Customers are more likely to accept changes as long as they're in the loop. I'm retired now but when I was working we held quarterly forums with the customer to find out what they liked, disliked, and needed. Quicken should consider providing proposed release notes ahead of the release so we may provide feedback. Instead we now have to wait for the next patch or release to get back what we all wanted. Hopefully, this is a lesson learned.
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    > @DeeBee13 said:
    > It was unfortunate that Quicken put themselves in this position. My background was in Systems Engineering and Software Development. In the real world the first thing you learn is to "Listen to the Customer". Customers are more likely to accept changes as long as they're in the loop. I'm retired now but when I was working we held quarterly forums with the customer to find out what they liked, disliked, and needed. Quicken should consider providing proposed release notes ahead of the release so we may provide feedback. Instead we now have to wait for the next patch or release to get back what we all wanted. Hopefully, this is a lesson learned.

I also had a position for years just to listen to the customer and translate their wants/needs to something the coding teams (programmers back then) understood. Your idea is excellent.
  • msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭
    I updated today to Release 36.38, Build 27.1.36.38. I am now able to see the 3 QuickPay Billers that I have not yet moved off QuickPay. That is a step forward. However, the Billers are all at the bottom of the list of payees, regardless if I select a 30 or 90 day view. Since one of these Billers has a bill due in 2 weeks, and Quicken has the PDF of the bill, I would have expected the QuickPay entry to be in the correct chronological date order. Sadly not to be. I really want ALL Payees to be listed in chronological date order, regardless of the billing mechanism - QuickPay or CheckPay or manual. Note - I have also stopped using CheckPay since my financial institution (Fidelity-not a small firm) notified Quicken months ago that an expanded check number format was required. Quicken's banking partner has not been able to comply, thus several checks were bounced!! Bottom-line - I need one consistent and reliable tool for paying bills. I cannot pay some bills through Quicken and some through my financial institution and then have Quicken arbitrarily introduce changes, and then introduce corrections to changes that do not work!
  • msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    An update to my post from 15 minutes ago - I have tried to use QuickPay to actually pay the one Biller with a bill due in two weeks. Much to my dismay, QuickPay does not enter the amount due (it is $0.00) and also tells me "Biller requires a date of 10/31/21 or earlier" This makes no sense since today is 10/31/21 and the bill (which I separately downloaded form the Biller's website) is not due until 11/18!! I will now need to pay this through my financial institution's website. [Removed-Disruptive/Unhelpful]
  • DeeBee13
    DeeBee13 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for restoring the online billers display to the billers list. I can now retrieve bills from my billers prior to the due dates. Thanks for listening. :)
  • mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    Today, Monday morning (11/1/2021) to my suprise Quicken installed version R36.38. After the update all my online bills, manual bills and income reminders displayed by date again. Thank you Quicken team for quickly resolving this problem!
  • carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Same here - issue resolved!  Thank you Quicken for listening to our feedback and for the quick update to correct the issue.  
This discussion has been closed.