How do I enter a partial payment on an online bill?

Options
My electrical bill comes monthly, but often I want to make a partial payment every two weeks. When I made the payment (through my banks bill pay, not through the Quicken bill pay manager), Quicken now reports the bill has been lowered by twice the amount of the payment. Thus, the reported amount due is significantly lower than the actual amount due.

I have tried to refresh the billing status for this bill to no avail.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @btwitchell,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

The good news is that you are not doing anything wrong! The information displayed in Quicken regarding your E-Bills is information that is sent directly from the biller themselves. Unfortunately, this does mean that we have no way of correcting this from our side or even yours. For any type of resolution on this issue, you will need to contact the biller. 

Quicken Alyssa

Answers

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @btwitchell,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

The good news is that you are not doing anything wrong! The information displayed in Quicken regarding your E-Bills is information that is sent directly from the biller themselves. Unfortunately, this does mean that we have no way of correcting this from our side or even yours. For any type of resolution on this issue, you will need to contact the biller. 

Quicken Alyssa

• btwitchell
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I just want to make sure I'm understanding.

My electric biller showed online a balance of $303.

I paid $120. My electric biller now shows a balance of $183.

Quicken, however, went from $303 to $63.

If I understand, that means the electric company, although they are showing me the correct value online, are sending the wrong value to Quicken.

Do I understand this correctly?
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello again, @btwitchell,

Yes, that is correct. 

I can see how this may be confusing, but I have confirmed this to be the case. In addition to that, I looked up your information on our end and was able to see that it even shows that $63 amount that you just mentioned above, as what was sent to our service provider. Meaning this is the information that the biller has provided and that is why it is reflected as such in your software.

I do apologize that I am not able to correct this for you from our side. let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Quicken Alyssa
This discussion has been closed.