Data file password not working

I haven't changed the data file password for years. All of a sudden this afternoon password is not working. I just used it this morning Forget password link is not working either. How do I reset or remove the data file password?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
  • DwihgtM
    DwihgtM Member
    Forget password link is not working...
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @DwihgtM,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the data file password is not being accepted and standard troubleshooting has failed to resolve it (restoring backup, forgot password, etc), then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to proceed by collecting your data file to have our escalation team go in and remove the password from the data file (also known as Quicken Assisted Password Removal Service) and have it sent back to you once the data file password has been removed.

To learn more about Quicken Assisted Password Removal Service, please refer to this support article regarding this topic.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.