Serial number

Are the serial numbers for software still stored in our online account?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What serial number are you referring to?
    Quicken doesn’t use a serial number for installing or such.

And as for Quicken Subscription the yearly license is either activated by buying it directly at Quicken.com or by buying it at a retailer and entering an activation code.  This isn’t something that is “stored” it activates the license, which is tracked in your account on Quicken.com.  There would be no reason to store it, because once used to activate a license it can’t be used again.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • roberta
    roberta Member ✭✭
    I have been using Quicken Home & business 2015 or maybe it's 2018 for years now and it works perfectly fine for my needs and I plan to keep using it until we retire in a few years because it doesn't make good financial sense to toss it and pay for a subscription. Call me paranoid, but I REFUSE to store anything in the cloud until they (whoever "they" is...) can figure out how to 100% completely stop ransomware attacks and data hacks. As far as serial numbers are concerned I'm talking about the numbers that came and come with software that is purchased off the shelf of retail stores and of course on the www. I recently had a computer crash and need to reinstall and when you reinstall is asks for your serial number. I usually log in to my "whatever software company dot com and get it there but when I log into my quicken account there's pretty much little to nothing in my account and that's why I asked..
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription started in 2018, so to have a non subscription version you would have to have Quicken 2017 and below.  From Quicken 2014 to Quicken 2017 even though they aren’t “subscription” they still have to log in with a Quicken Id (which is free).  Quicken 2013 is the last completely “offline” version.

As for asking for a serial number the only time I have ever heard of that is for foreign versions of Quicken like the one Reckon sells (and they don’t call it Quicken any more) or for some kind of “non retail” promotion.  Retail versions of Quicken never asked for any kind of key to install.

I do know of a serial number that is in the Quicken.ini file, but it isn’t anything that needed to entered to install.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.