ADD MORE INFO TO A PREVIOUS QUESTION

Options
Hi,
Me again. Sorry but I'm trying to prevent/avoid problems in the future....is there a way to add more info to a previously answered question? What I mean exactly is I posted a question and got an answer that I thought would solve my problem BUT...when I actually went to try what I was told was the solution, it didn't work in my case because I realized I left out some details. So to prevent several posts about the same thing, how do I, or can I add more to the previous post? Thanks

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sure.  Don't you get a comment box on the original question?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi @roberta .  If at the bottom of the thread it says "This discussion has been closed" then we cannot add anything to it.  But what you can do is start a new post thread and in that new post thread you can reference the original thread by copying and pasting the URL of that original thread into the body of your new post.
    If the original post thread has not been closed, then you can add to the thread by Leaving a Comment at the bottom of the thread.  That will cause notifications to be sent to all the people who had participated in that discussion so they will know there still is activity in the thread.
    Another option, if the thread has not yet been closed:  If you have enough points accumulated (I don't remember how many points one needs to accumulate for this) you can edit your post.  If you have enough points accumulated you can click on those 3 dots and you will be given the option to Edit your post.  The issue with this is the others in the thread will not get notified of the edit so if you want to get response from others for your updates it is best not to enter them as an edit and instead post a new Comment.  Here is what the 3 dots look like (circled in red):

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.