Scheduled Bills and Deposits setting not persisting

Regina@
Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
This issue has not yet been resolved. I see there was an older thread on this topic. Has anyone gotten a resolution to the tax planner not maintaining the "scheduled bills and deposits" selection? Everyday, I have to do a "validate & repair" to fix this issue. And there are no errors reported, so why does this keep occurring?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Regina

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. Since this issue is still persisting I would highly recommend submitting a bug report and contacting Quicken Support. An agent will assist you with uploading logs so that they can be further looked at to obtain a better understanding. 

In addition, I do not recommend that you run a validation every day. There are times where that will do more harm than good. The validation tool is used for diagnostics within a certain scope. If there are errors outside of that scope then you may not see any in that particular report. 

Hope this helps. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    Paloma, thank you for your recommendations. I will submit a support ticket.
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Regina@ said:
    Paloma, thank you for your recommendations. I will submit a support ticket.
    I just developed the same problem. I fixed it with validate. Let me know what happens with Quicken support. I just started using the Quicken mobile again and wonder if it could be related. Earlier posts thought there was a connection.
  • Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I’ve been working really long hours and Quicken support is not open when I am available. So I have not been able to contact them yet. They really need to have an email option so that we can email them issues we are experiencing rather than actually chat with them or talk on the phone.
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Regina@ said:
    I’ve been working really long hours and Quicken support is not open when I am available. So I have not been able to contact them yet. They really need to have an email option so that we can email them issues we are experiencing rather than actually chat with them or talk on the phone.

I will try to contact support. Do you use Quicken mobile or do you sync to the cloud? My problem may be caused by this.
  • Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I finally got a hold of Quicken Support. They told me to copy my file and use the copy. The problem hasn’t reoccurred since then but I got other problems because of it. I had to reset up all of my online accounts, some of my transactions dropped off, etc.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Regina@, 

Thank you for your response. Again we apologize for the inconvenience that has occurred because of this issue. If you come across any other errors or have questions let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    This caused so many other problems. Now my Fidelity Visa is not downloading transactions. It's not giving any error message; but just not downloading.
  • Hello @Regina@,

Thank you for continuing to update us on your progress. I do have some follow-up questions for you if you don't mind. 

So you are now using the new copy of your file and you are not getting transaction downloads from fidelity. Was it working when you first opened the copy file and now it is not, or were you never able to get transactions in the copy file?

Where is your file located? You can check this by going to File>Show this file on my computer.

Looking forward to hearing your next update.

Quicken Alyssa

• Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Hi, thank you for your interest and questions. I am using the copy, and I'm finding issues as time goes by. I was able to correct this issue by resetting the Fidelity Visa account. But, today I found 3 of my scheduled bills duplicated.
  • Hello again @Regina@,

I am sorry to hear that new issues keep arising, and I appreciate your continued participation in this discussion.

Please answer the questions I asked in my previous comment, this will help me get a better idea of what could be causing the issues you are seeing.

Quicken Alyssa

• Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    I was never able to get fidelity downloads in the copied file until I reset the account today. My file is located in the my documents Quicken folder
  • I keep getting an error that says my Accounts and Categories are not available in the Quicken File. Spoke with support --- not much help. Validate and copying the file didn't fix the problem. The "Manage Categories" function also doesn't save the categories selected. Very frustrating!
This discussion has been closed.