Is there a way, within Quicken, to copy multiple rows of transactions and paste them into ....

I have multiple transactions from an old inactive credit card that I want to copy and paste/add into my current CC register. For some reason all of the payments are listed but not the charges.

Now don't over think this, is there a way to "select all"/ multiple transaction lined from an old, different work book/data base/ register and paste/insert them into a different Quicken register.....

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did that.  Are both accounts in the same data file?  Sounds like they are in different Quicken files?  If they are in the same file you can select all the transactions you want and do Move or Copy.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken uses the standard Windows method for selecting transactions in the register.
    As in click on the first one, hold down shift key and select the last one (for a range of transactions).
    You can also use Ctrl+click to toggle the selection on one transaction.

From there you can right click on one of the selected transactions to select the Copy transactions menu item.

And short cut is instead of Shift+ left click to select the last transaction you can Shift + right click the last one and the menu will come up after selecting the range of transactions.

After you have done the copy go to the other register and right click on the blank/entry transaction and select Paste transactions.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    It's my understanding that if any of those transactions are transfers, there could be some serious issues. I think that should be addressed??