How to see reminders to forecast expenses

Options
I have reminders set up for my monthly expenses. For example, I pay Internet (fixed amount) from a Credit Card, and Life Insurance (fixed amount) from my Bank Account.

I have reminders turned on for 30 days on each of the registers, but I cannot get a full picture.

I'd love to be able to click on All Transactions and see the reminders.

alternatively / also

I'd love to be ability to view them in the Spending Tab.

Am I missing something? This seems pretty basic.
Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Try the projected balance graph and the calendar.
    You can turn on the projected balance graph on your Home tab (Classic View) or you can find it on the Bills & Income tab.  EDIT the one on the Home tab is only the graph, the one on Bills & Income tab has a list of the reminders.

For the calendar Tools -> Calendar or Ctrl+K.  Use the Options menu to customize what you want to see.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Yeah - I vote for Calendar -
    I use it all the time to see the upcoming income & payments....
    I also have Reminders setup for a variety of charity events & donations -
    and either "skip" it when it is cancelled or not run - like 5k, pancake breakfast, food bank, etc -
    BUT - have to limit the Accounts, else it gets very cluttered...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• bgiotes
    bgiotes Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Chris, that gets me part of the way there, but not where I really want to be. I guess my real request would be for Quicken to include the VIEW REMINDERS option on the ALL TRANSACTIONS view and also on the SPENDING tab.

Thanks again for the timely response.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want to submit an idea, go to the Home page and select: New Post -> New Idea.  That way people can vote on the idea so that Quicken Inc can see how much interest there is in the idea.
    Signature:
  • bgiotes
    bgiotes Member ✭✭
    Options
    Limiting Accounts was the difference maker for the Calendar view. Thanks for the tip.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgiotes said:
    Limiting Accounts was the difference maker for the Calendar view. Thanks for the tip.
    In that case doing it in All Accounts wouldn't be a good idea for the same reason, "too much".
    And I don't think it would be that great in the Spending tab either because that tab is used for "other things".  For instance if you show "See Where Your Money Goes" on the Home tab and select the "Examine Your Spending" button it takes you to the Spending tab, with customized for what you were seeing on the Home tab.  There are several cases where this happens.  So the Spending tab isn't this fixed setup that would be consistently showing you predictions for the future.
    Signature:
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgiotes,

I do it a bit differently.  I have one main checking account that all of my credit cards are set to be automatically paid in full each month.  I also have many monthly bills that I have set up in Bills & Income and I have them set for 90 days.  In this way I have a 90 day advance picture of what the balance in that checking account will be.  I addition when I reconcile a credit card statement, that statement will tell me when and how much will be debited from the checking account.  I then add that transfer to the checking account on the date the statement will automatically be paid.  Ninety nine percent of the time the amount will be correct BUT if there were a number of credits other than the usual payment the next month the amount can vary.

This discussion has been closed.