Bill Reminder

Options
Is there not a way to have my bill reminder appear on my windows without having to pen bill pay each and every time.?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Okay.  The answer is "no".  You cannot have the bill reminders appear on any computer without first opening up the Quicken program/application.

Take care.

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    @CMH hawley

Just to clarify for all of us here - you were asking about "bill reminders" - is that correct?   If so, that has nothing to do with "Billminder" which is a blast from the past... for most of us. So just ignore that mistake.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    Options
    thank you in advance
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi @CMH hawley

You can setup your home screen in Quicken so that "Bill and Income Reminders" appear each time you open Quicken.  Just go to the Quicken "Home" tab and click on the "Customize" button.  If, on the other hand, you are wanting to have those bill reminders appear as you said "on my windows" without opening the Quicken application, I do not believe that is possible.

Hope this helps, but revert if you have any followups.

Frankx

• CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am aware that the bill reminder appears then and there. Maybe it was the way I phrased my question so I will rephrase it. Is there a way for the bill reminder to appear on the opening of my laptop screen top WITHOUT having to open quicken? Best
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Okay.  The answer is "no".  You cannot have the bill reminders appear on any computer without first opening up the Quicken program/application.

Take care.

• CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you so much. I wish there was a way. I used MSN bill pay for years and I believe at one point a feature of there's was the bill reminder appearing on your screen. Best
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I am aware that the bill reminder appears then and there. Maybe it was the way I phrased my question so I will rephrase it. Is there a way for the bill reminder to appear on the opening of my laptop screen top WITHOUT having to open quicken? Best
    Quicken intentionally disabled the Billminder functionality in R21.12 (August 2019).
  • CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    Options
    Why was that?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    @CMH hawley

Just to clarify for all of us here - you were asking about "bill reminders" - is that correct?   If so, that has nothing to do with "Billminder" which is a blast from the past... for most of us. So just ignore that mistake.

Frankx

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Frankx said:
    @CMH hawley

Frankx

@Frankx

Billminder provided the functionality @CMH hawley asked about: bill reminders were accessible on the desktop without opening Quicken.  The functionality was available through Quicken 2017.  Many users were disappointed when Quicken decided to drop the functionality.
  • CMH hawley
    CMH hawley Member ✭✭
    Options
    OMG I am so sorry yes bill reminder. Thanks @Frankx
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OMG I am so sorry yes bill reminder. Thanks @Frankx
    I suggest you consider voting for: 

Bring back Billminder, or provide a Windows notification of upcoming bills

• JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am using the latest version of Quicken with Bill Minder.  It existed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\billmind.exe" and was never removed when upgrading to the latest Quicken long ago.  I manually added a shortcut to the tray.  It has, for the most part, worked fine but stopped about a month ago.  Today, I see it is working with the latest version of Quicken that was just released.  So don't listen to those who say that the functionality is not there - it most certainly is.
This discussion has been closed.