How does the integration with Outlook work?

When entering a new repeating payment in Quicken, one option in their is something like integrate with Outlook. I use Outlook, so am interested in it. But I don't understand Intuit's documentation on how it works. Does it work with Outlook, only if I launch Quicken? Must Quicken be running in order for this to work? Or is it the case that when I set up a new, recurring payment and select the work with Quicken option, that Outlook must be running at the same time, so that Quicken can programmatically access it and create a reminder on my behalf for the recurring payment?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Personally I would recommend against using this feature.
    Note that Intuit hasn't owned Quicken for many years.

First off there is a restriction in that Quicken will only sync with the 32-bit version of Outlook.
    Next the way it works is that when you select to sync a reminder, it puts an appointment into Outlook's calendar.  So once synced they are independent.  And Outlook doesn't have to be running when Quicken does that sync (it is run in the background to make it happen).

But from the few discussions I have seen on this there is a big downside.  Whereas Quicken will put new appointments in to Outlook it doesn't "maintain" them, as in as you change/delete them you might have to clean up the appointments in Outlook.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Personally I would recommend against using this feature.
    Note that Intuit hasn't owned Quicken for many years.

First off there is a restriction in that Quicken will only sync with the 32-bit version of Outlook.
    Next the way it works is that when you select to sync a reminder, it puts an appointment into Outlook's calendar.  So once synced they are independent.  And Outlook doesn't have to be running when Quicken does that sync (it is run in the background to make it happen).

But from the few discussions I have seen on this there is a big downside.  Whereas Quicken will put new appointments in to Outlook it doesn't "maintain" them, as in as you change/delete them you might have to clean up the appointments in Outlook.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/