Fidelity (Elan) Credit Card - stopped downloads

s3w2s1
s3w2s1 Member
Starting this week quicken has stopped downloading transactions from Elan (Fidelity) credit card under one step update. When i log into the credit card directly I can see posted transactions but the only way to get them to transfer into quicken is by resetting the account or removing the online services and turning it back on. I have had to perform these functions all week to receive any downloads.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @s3w2s1 .  I have not been having this problem and several transactions downloaded correctly for me this week with the latest one being just last night.  The only transaction that has not downloaded for the last 3 days is one that still has a pending status in my online account and pending transactions should not be downloaded.
    Are you getting any error code(s)?
    What is the Financial Institution that your credit card is set up with for downloads...Fidelity Rewards Credit Card or Fidelity Investments or Elan Financial Services?
    I used to be set up first with Fidelity Investments and then later with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card but I had so many problems with them that end up switching to Elan Financial Services a couple of years ago and that has worked really well with there rarely being a download issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• s3w2s1
    s3w2s1 Member
    I am using elan financial services but the card is labeled Fidelity. I have received no error codes, everything looks normal but the transactions do not come through.
  • Boatnmaniac
    At the top right corner of the General tab of Account Details, does it say Elan Financial Services (like as shown below) or does it say Fidelity Rewards Credit Card?

• s3w2s1
    s3w2s1 Member
    Yes, identical to yours
  • Boatnmaniac
    OK, then it is confirmed that the connection FI is not the issue.
    One thing you might want to try is resetting your Cloud Account.  EWC connections do use our Cloud Accounts to perform OSU and if there is some data there that is corrupted it could possibly cause this problem. 
    To reset your Cloud Account: See the picture below.
    • Note:  If you do not have Mobile & Web Sync turned On you will need to do this first before you can try to Reset it.  Once the Reset is completed, you can turn off Mobile & Web Sync, again, if you wish to (especially good to turn it off if you do not use Mobile or Web).
    • Doing this Reset will not affect anything in your data file.  It simply refreshes the data in the Cloud Account.

• s3w2s1
    s3w2s1 Member
    good idea, I will give that a try
    thanks
    it maybe a day or so before something downloads
  • I've had the same issue and the only way around it that I have found is to deactivate and reactive online services. Then I get new transactions. But, I have to do this every day - must be something that has changed with Elan - as I have had no issues like this for years.
  • s3w2s1
    s3w2s1 Member
    same issue I am having, so frustrating
  • DavidSmith
    DavidSmith Member ✭✭✭
    same issue.
  • s3w2s1
    s3w2s1 Member
    do we just wait it out. if it continues it could be reason for a new card??
  • wsgumich
    wsgumich Member ✭✭
    Same for me
  • Boatnmaniac
    With no error codes, it is difficult to understand what might be happening.  I have the Fidelity Rewards Visa Card, am connected via Elan Financial Services and have had absolutely no issues downloading transactions from there.  So, what is different for you than it is for me?
    First, has anyone tried Resetting the Cloud Account like I suggested above?  What was the result?
    Second, EWC connected accounts sometimes will not update during OSU, especially where there are several EWC accounts being updated at the same time.  For me, usually there is an error code that pops up but that does not happen every time.  When this happens I will usually do Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now) and that will often work when OSU did not.
    If OSU and Update Now do not work for a few days, I will then next try Reset Account (Account Register > upper right Gear Icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account).
    If Reset Account does not work, I will try deactivating/reactivating the account (Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Set Up Now > follow the prompts): 
    • During the setup process, Quicken might prompt you to decide what to do with the data that is downloaded.  Be sure to Link it to your existing account in Quicken.
    • During the setup process, transactions might be entered into the Account Register that are duplicates of what is already entered there.  If this happens, the duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted.
    Has anyone tried these steps?

• wsgumich
    wsgumich Member ✭✭
    I've tried all the suggestions.

Downloading transactions for other credit cards and investment accounts continues to work properly.

When this downloading problem started a few days ago, I noticed that the online account balance displayed in the sidebar for my two Fidelity (Elan) credit cards always has zero cents as if the balance is being rounded down to the next whole dollar. Balances for other accounts are fine.

(QM Deluxe 6.4.4)
  • Boatnmaniac
    wsgumich said:
    I've tried all the suggestions.

Downloading transactions for other credit cards and investment accounts continues to work properly.

When this downloading problem started a few days ago, I noticed that the online account balance displayed in the sidebar for my two Fidelity (Elan) credit cards always has zero cents as if the balance is being rounded down to the next whole dollar. Balances for other accounts are fine.

(QM Deluxe 6.4.4)
    You are the first in this thread to mention the zero cents in the online balance.  There is another active thread about this very issue at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20213731#Comment_20213731.  In this other thread, the Op has not said anything about having problems connecting for downloads but it is unusual to have two different issues with the same credit card from the same financial institution occurring at the same time so I suspect they might be related. 

• s3w2s1
    s3w2s1 Member
    online balance is showing correct as of now
  • kenjo
    kenjo Member ✭✭
    I'm having the exact same issue on Quicken for Mac (v6.4.4). It's not unique to Windows.
  • Boatnmaniac
    I am now getting a CC-503 error code.  I also cannot log into my online account via the Elan website and cannot access it via my Fidelity Investments online account.  It looks like Elan might be doing some system maintenance.  Let's hope that whatever they are doing addresses the 0 cents online balance and transactions download issues.  

• kenjo
    kenjo Member ✭✭
    I was having the same issue on Quicken Mac. After a bit of digging, I figured out the fix that's working for me. The login credentials for this account used to be Fidelity's. Now, (the fix) is that the login credentials have changed to Elan Financial Services. Apparently, the authentication server has changed from Fidelity to Elan (the credit card issuer).

For those running into a similar issue, try using your Elan credentials instead of Fidelity's when connecting (linking) the Fidelity (Elan) account.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Whatever was causing the inability to log in to my online Elan account and to access my Fidelity CC transactions from my online Fidelity Investments account appears to have ended because I can now access both.  But I still get error code CC-503 when trying to update the account in Quicken.
    I have always only used my Elan credentials for Quicken online services with Elan (and with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card). 
    For me, the login credentials is not the issue.  I'll continue to try downloading through the weekend.  If the problem still exists Monday morning then it would be a good indication that this is not a maintenance issue.

• bizbuyer
    bizbuyer Member ✭✭
    I too was having the exact same problems as Boatnmaniac this morning. Once the website came up I was still getting the CC-503. I did the "Fix It" with no changed password and it showed success. I then did another OSU and it downloaded my new transactions from Elan. Good luck!
  • wsgumich
    wsgumich Member ✭✭
    Downloading Fidelity transactions from the Elan server is now working for me (QM Deluxe 6.4.4). But I still have the sidebar balances for both of my Fidelity cards showing balances with zero cents so perhaps that is a separate issue.
  • Boatnmaniac
    I was finally able to resolve my CC-503 error by doing Reset Account and then making sure to link the download to my account in Quicken.  A transaction did download but I was not having an issue with this except during the time I was getting CC-503.  My online balance amount remains accurate.
    It might be a long shot, but doing Reset Account (not sure what the QM equivalent of this is) might help others.

• 71tom
    71tom Member ✭✭
    I just got off the phone with Elan. They have a 3 step verification that is not compatible with Quicken One Step. Last week they did an upgrade that pulled in some users that still had been able to use One Step. They are "working the issue". In the mean time you have to go to their website and download the Quicken transactions from there. One Step will not work any longer as of last week. Fix is TBD.
  • Boatnmaniac
    As of 11/15:
    • Many reported that transactions were downloading, again, after doing Reset Account.
    • By late afternoon, some were reporting that the 0 cents online balance issue was resolved.
    As of 11/16:
    • There are no new reports (at least none that I have found) of any downloading or online balance issue with Elan credit cards.
    I think it is fair to assume that the 0 cents online balance and no transactions downloading issues are resolved.  While that might be the case, I am now getting a 2FA request from Elan every time I run OSU. :'(

• Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    What is the Elan link to fix this?
  • Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    I tried reset and it asks irrelevant security questions.
  • Boatnmaniac
    What is the Elan link to fix this?
    It looks like you have already figured out the answer to your question.
    I tried reset and it asks irrelevant security questions.
    When you first set up your online account with Elan they would have required you to enter answers to several security questions before allowing you to complete the online account setup.  If you do not remember what the answers to those questions are, then I suggest you login to your online account and update your security questions to something you can remember.  Then try Reset, again.

• s3w2s1
    s3w2s1 Member
    Yes mine started working again also
This discussion has been closed.