Why do I need to re-enter my Charles Schwab log-in information EVERY TIME I try to update my accoun

Why do I need to re-enter my Charles Schwab log-in information EVERY TIME I try to upda

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you updated your Quicken per the following Alert?:  Upcoming Changes to Charles Schwab Accounts

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• I have the same issue and I'm on the latest Quicken for Mac update.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jimbo21742 & @bobvandette

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the community.  Our teams are currently investigating this behavior and we would appreciate it if you could take a moment and open Quicken, go to the Help menu > Report a Problem option.

In the window that opens, enter "CTP-2913" in the description box, leave the boxes checked for the listed ".txt" files and when ready click "Send to Quicken".

You will not receive a response for this submission, however the information included will be added to our open investigation of this issue.

Once sent, please just reply here to let us know the reports have been submitted, thank you!

Sarah
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello again @Jimbo21742 & @bobvandette

Our teams have been investigating this issue and have identified two scenarios in which the prompt to authorize the accounts continues to appear.

For more information, please see the update on our ongoing alert for the Schwab transition, available here.

Thank you,
  • Bingo! Thank you so much Quicken Sarah! I had the same problem in which the prompt to authorize my Schwab accounts continued to appear every time I ran the update. I had a savings account at Charles Schwab Bank which Charles Schwab had closed but which was only hidden (not closed) in my Quicken dataset. When I followed your instructions to disconnect the account from downloads the problem went away. Don't Worry, Be Happy!
  • Cindi M
    Cindi M Member ✭✭
    I am also fed up with trying to update Schwab accounts. I did everything and nothing works. Now I have a consistent notice that the server is not connecting . . try later. I can do NOTHING with the one account that I deleted and am trying to re-install. Thank goodness I left all other Schwab accounts alone. I have verified that Schwab allows Quicken as a third party to connect to my system. IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED SOON! The last time this happened was with Citi Bank and that took almost a month to correct.
  • Cindi M
    Cindi M Member ✭✭
    I finally found the answer to my problem. Schwab with zz preceding it was the appropriate choice when re-establishing connection.
  • Another cause of this problem not mentioned is Schwab Donor Advised Fund accounts. If you have one of those, they are no longer supported. Until you disconnect it, you will keep getting the re-authorization prompt.
This discussion has been closed.